We can navigate the star to bring us back home

Meena was up and so Maya decided to just take her with her. She got her dressed quikly and gave her a banana for breakfast. "Carina," Maya wispered to her sleeping wife. "Nina is sleeping. She is quite warm, maybe give her some more medicine, when she wakes up and Meena is awake and active, but all of you need sleep so I'll take with me. I am at 19, they will understand." "Okay. Thank you, Bambina." Maya stroked the hair out fo Carinas face and winced. "Carina, you are burning up." "Ah" Carina groaned out and sat up. "I'll be fine, until you come back." She smiled a sad smile at Maya and Maya nodded. "Please call me, if you need me. Or call Teddy or Amelia." "I will, Bambina."

"Hello." Travis said as Maya walked throught the door. "Hi." Maya said, she had Meena on her hip. "Hello, Ms Meena. To what do we ow the pleasure?" "Tavis" Meena smiled and ran to him. "The other girls are all sick and have barely slept during the night. They need rest and Meena was awake and that ment no rest, so i took her with me. I hope you don't mind." "No absolutly not. Is Carina home?" "Yes. But i suspect she picked up what the girls have. She was quite warm when i said good bye and her voice was very raspy." "Oh i am so sorry." Travis had placed Meena on his lap. "Do you want me to watch her, while you do the inspection?" "If you can. That would be awesome." "Sure." Maya nodded. And turned to knock on Andys door.

The inspection went well and Maya found nothing to complain. She took Meena and picked up some lunch from the italian place. Some vegetable soup for the sick family and some pasta for her and Meena. Then the bought some electrolyte drinks and some juices. They needed to get the girls hydrated and that was easiest with that.

"Hey, my love." Maya said and hugged Carina from behind. Carina was sitting on the couch with Ellie on top of her, Louise laying next to her. They were listening to an italian audiobook. "How are you feeling?" "I think we can agree on shitty." Carina said and coughed a little, trying not to jostle Ellie to much.
"I am sorry you got sick, too." Meena was sitting down next to her sister with a book. "Meena, you have to be quiet today. Your sisters aren't feeling well and they need rest." "I know, Mommy." "Thank you." Maya kissed Carinas head. "Do you need anything?" Maya asked. "No. But i think we need to take the girls temperature again. Ellie feels really warm, but maybe its just because i have really bad chills right now." Mayas heart broke. "I will get the themometer."

"Hey, honey." Nina was laying in her bed with the blanket up to her chin. "How are you feeling?" "Shitty." "I am sorry. Can i take your temperature again?" Nina nodded. "100.4" "i had Meds like two hours ago." "Okay. Do you need something?" "No." "I will bring you something to drink. What would you like?" "I don't know. Tea, maybe my throat hurts when i swallow." "Okay." Maya placed her hand on her daughters cheak and Nina leaned into it. "I'll be right back."

The rest of the day was very calm. Maya made sure everyone drank and rested and sent Carina to sleep in bed aswell. She watched a movie with the tripplets and checked on Nina.
What worried them was Ellies cough. She was so weak that she almost seemed to choke, when she needed to cough. Maya tryed to help her with assisted coughs, but she was still suffering.

Louise and Nina broke their fevers on the third day. Ellie on the morning of the fourth.
Carina was still going strong. While the girls were already playing, still with a lot less energy, but they were playing, she was still battling the fever.

"102.8. that is way to high. Carina. We need to get your fever down." Maya had brought the girls to bed and taken Carinas temperature again. Carina nodded. She was sick of feeling miserable. "Would you like a bath?" "Mhm." Carina nodded and sat up. "Stay. I'll get it ready and then i'll get you " Carina nodded and snuggled in the sheets again.

"Its cold." Carina complained. "Yes. We need to get your temperature down. Just try to relax." Maya helped Carina in and had her lay ontop of her. Maya placed her arms around Carinas torso and held her tightly. The stayed like this in silence until someone knocked on th door. "Mamma, Mom. Ellie isn't breathing right. Her lips are turning blue." Nina yelled. "Crap." Carina said. "I will go to her." Maya had left her hearing aids in, just like she had for the last few nights. "Come on help me get out." Carina got up and Maya helped her out. Maya threw a towel around herself and ran to the toddlers bedroom. She pulled Ellie on her lap and tryed the assisted cough, but Ellie still gasped for breath. "This is not good. " She said. She picked up Ellie and went into their bedroom. "She is struggling to breathe." "Give her to me. Get dressed." Maya nodded. "Nina can you call 911?" "Yes?" Nina grabed Mayas phone and diled.

"Hello 911 whats your emergency?" "My name is Nina Deluca-Bishop. My sister is struggling to breathe. She is 3. She has been sick for a few days but she has been getting better. She has cerebral palsy and it is hard for her to cough because she cannot use those muscles very well." "Okay. I am sending an Aidcar. Whats your adress?" "4367Southside westpark." "Thank you. Are there adults with you?" "Yes my moms. My mom told me to call and my mamma is with my sister right now." Maya nodded to her. "My mamma is a doctor." "Thats great. Good. The Aid car is on their way." "Thank you." Nina said.
Maya was now dressed and walked up to Carina, who tryed to calm Ellie. Ellie was panicking. Her breathing was really laboured and she was whezzing.
Maya clipped a pulse ox to her finger. She hadn't used it in a few years, she had it to monitor smoke inhalations, which were comon for firefighters, but because she didn't run into fires anymore, most of the time, she didn't need it.
"It might be a little off, because its for grown ups." Carina said. "Mhm." Maya read. "89. Crap." "Mom, how can i help? The ambulance is on the way." "Great. Thank you. Can you go downstairs and open the door and wait for the paramedics." "Yes." Maya went over to the girls bedroom. Meena and Louise were sitting in the bookcorner, waiting patiently. "Tan we tom?" Meena asked. "What?" "Ina said to sit'n wait." Louise said. "That is very good listening of you. Okay." Maya sat down with the girls. "Ellie is very sick. She is not breathing very well and thats why i need to go to the hospital with her. Mamma is sick, too. Not as bad as Ellie, but she still needs rest. She needs sleep, so i need you two to be very very good. You can listen to a book and i want you to try to sleep." "Otay." Meena said. "I know this is scary. I think it is very scary, too. I don't like it when anyone of my girls is sick, but right now Ellie needs some special medicine. Like mommy and mamma needed when we were in the hospital." "Tan we visit her?" "Tomorrow, maybe? I don't know. But i will call and text Mamma and she will let you know. Okay. Can you go back in your beds? What do you want to listen to?" "The little witch." Louise said. "I want Bluey." Meena said. "You can only listen to one." Maya said. "can you pick one you both want?" "Songs and stoies?" Louise asked Meena. "Otay." Maya switched it on and the girls went to bed. "Maya!! They are here." She heard Carina yell. "Comming." She yelled back. "Remember. Be really really good." Maya wispered and blew a kiss to her girls.

The paramedics had put her on highflow oxygen and placed her on a gurny. Ellie was very fussy and cryed a lot. The paradmedics put some slight seditives in the oxygen, so she calmed down. Maya strocked her hair and kissed her forehead as they inserted an IV in the little girls hand. Ellie screamed again, but Maya could calm her down quite quickly.

"Three year old, with resperatory problems. Cerebral palsy Oxygen at 91 at 6l of o2. 2cc of Naxlopan. She had the flu for 4 days , but broke her fever this morning." The paramedic ratted down to Dr. Hunt. "Page peds." Hunt said to his intern.

-----

"Hey. I got paged." A blonde woman said as she opened the curtains. "3 year old Ellie Deluca-Bishop. Cerebral Palsy. She has problems breathing and her oxgyen is still only at 92 even with the highflow oxygen." Hunt said. "There are ristiricted breathsounds left." The intern said. "Okay. I'm Dr. Robbins. You are the mother?" "Maya Deluca-Bishop." Maya said and nodded. She was still sitting behind Ellie holdin her hands and strocking her head ocasionally kissing it. "Okay." Dr. Robbins listend to Ellies lungs and ordered a chest x-ray.

-----

"She has Pneumonia. We'll get her on Iv antibiotics and fluids and leave her on the oxygen." Dr. Robbins wispered, because Ellie was asleep in Mayas arms. "Okay. Thank you." "No problem. I would like to keep her for tonight and then look at the morning but she might need to stay another night. This is a quite bad case of Pneumonia for a normal kid, but with her disability we want to be extra carefull." "Did it develop because of her cerebral palsy? Because she can't cough very well?" "Possibly. But we can't know." Dr. Robbins said and smiled. "Hey. Can i ask you something?" "Sure." Maya was confused. "Deluca-Bishop. Do you by any chance know a Carina Deluca?" "That is my wife." Maya said. "Oh. Okay." If Maya hadn't been so tired and worried about her daughter, she would have heard the underlying tones, but she didn't. She just watched her daughters chest rise and fall. A little to fast still for her liking and uneven at times, but it was comforting for Maya. She texted Carina real quick and then closed her eyes aswell.