there are moments that the words don't reach

Amelia drove them to the hospital. Carina was shaking and felt like she was going to throw up any minute.

Nina looked out the window. She thought about her mom and how she met her. Then she thought about Mason. "Mamma. Can't Mason donate? He is related." "Mom made me and Kathrine promise not to ask him." "Why?" "She doesn't want him to think, she only looked for him for her own sakes." Nina scoffed. She didn't promise anything. She texted Mason, that they needed to talk this evening.

"Okay. So you can not go in at the same time." Dr. Lindner said. The family had been dressed in overalls and masks, they had their temperatures taken and got brought infront of Mayas room. "How about Carina you start and we stay here." Carina nodded. "I wanna see Mommy." Louise said. "You will. Just wait a little." Amelia said and took Louise in her arms.

"Hey Bella." Carina sat down next to Maya. This was what she had been scared of since she met Maya. Having to say good bye and not knowing if it was forever. Maya opened her eyes. They were crusty and dry. "We got to come in for a minute. The girls are waiting outside." Maya frowned. "Am i dying?" She said. Carina didn't answer. "Would you like to see the girls?" "Yes." Mayas voice was weak and shaky.

Louise got to go first, then Meena, then Ellie. One after the other, told Maya they loved her and that they want her to come home soon and that they were waiting.

Last one was Nina. She closed the door and silently took Mayas hand. "Bellina." Maya rasped out. "Don't talk. Save your strength." Ninas voice was weak. "I love you. Mom. I am so greatful for having you. You were the first person to actually care about me. You helped me, when i refused help and you saved me. I will forever be gratefull. I am sorry for all the times we fought and for all the things i might have done or said to hurt you. I love you and i can't imagine living without you. So please don't give uo fighting. I can try to step up at home, but i can not replace you. We need you. Please. Don't give up." "I love you, Bellina." Nina was crying. Maya rubed with her thumb over Ninas hand. "You are my mom. Please. I can not loose my mom." Maya didn't say anything. She was full of painmeds, but her heart ached nonetheless hearing her daughter say these things. "I will let you rest. Mamma will stay with you, Amelia is with us, but please don't go."

Nina called Mason the minute they were home. She was still crying and when he picked up her voice was scratchy. "Mason. You need to get typed." "Nina? What? What happend?" "You need to get up here and get typed. My mom is dying. You are her last chance. We just went to see her, because the doctors think that, she might not make it through the night. You need to get typed to donate her stemcells." "Slow down, Nina." "Mom needs a stemcelltransplant. None of us are a match, but siblings tend to be good matches. Please. Mom made Mamma and Grandma promise not to ask you, but i didn't promise. I can't loose my mom." "I will talk to my wife and then i'll be on my way." "Wow. That was easier than i thought." "You thought i was gonna watch my sister die?" "No. But.... She really wants to built a relationship with you again, she didn't just look for you, because of the transplant." "I know. Its okay. Let me hang up now." "Text me. We can pick you up at the busstop." "I am gonna take my wifes car, i'll be faster."

Mason went into the kitchen. "Honey?" "Hm?" Jenny turned and smiled at her husband. "Maya is dying. The doctors aren't sure she'll make it through the night. She needs a stemcelltransplant." "You want to go to Seattle?" "Yes. I am not sure i forgive my sister, but i am not going to watch her die. For her kids sake." "I'll go with you." "What?" "Yeah. I love you. She is important to you, so she is to me." "Okay. Lets go." Mason nodded.

An: Short Chapter but can we all apreciate the picture a friend drew for this story. It's awesome. Tell me what you think in the comments.

 Tell me what you think in the comments