When i've hit the ground...

Maya and Carina spent the entire night taking about their options and not talking. Carina being an OB was up to date on Fertility and insemination options. Maya on the other hand had no idea. She knew there were options but frankly just never cared enough about them. Now she was amazed on how much could be done. They decided to RIVF, because Carina was scared to give the Bipolar Gene to her kids, but they would pick a sperm doner of italian origin. Maya would go threw fertiltiy treatment and the egg retrival and those eggs would be inseminated via IVF. Finaly they would be placed in Carinas Uterus and hopefully grow to a full human baby.
The next moring they made an appointment at the fertility clinic for two weeks from now and also thought about saying something to their friends. Maya was unsure. "There is no baby yet and it might take a long time." "Yes, but i think we should say it. I mean, we have our friends we should be able to lean on them. I intend to tell my friends atleast when we do the implatation, because i want to lean on them incase the embryo doesn't stick or we have a misscarige." "I get that. How about we wait for our appointment and then tell them after. We are going to the station for thanksgiving which is the day after our appointment." "I like the idea. But i think Andy needs to know. I want to be able to talk openly about it atleast at home." "Agreed." Maya smiled. "She should be home in a few minutes, if she gets off on time." Carina stood up and came to stand in between Mayas legs, who was sitting at the table, eating her french toast. "I am so excited." "Me, too. Its going to be like you really carry my baby." "I am. I will. Your genes and all." Carina said smiling. "And that is really okay?" Maya said. Carina sat down on Mayas lap. "Yes. I want that." They kissed and were just about to deepen the kiss, when the door opened. "Good morning." Andy hollerd threy the flat. "Good morning, to you too." Maya said.
"Come sit down, we have something to tell you. But this doesn't leave this appartment yet." Carina said. Andy lifted her eyebrows. "What?" Maya and Carina looked at each other and then said. "We are going to have a baby." "What?" Andy smiled. "Eventually." Carina said. "We decided, we want to try." Maya said. Carina smirked "And i suppose i have to thank you for helping this one get to terms with what she wants." "Yes. Maybe. I am so excited for you guys." Andy smiled. "We talked a lot and we decided to do RIVF. I will undergo the fertility treatment and egg retrival and then we will use a donor and Carina will be the one carriing." Maya explained "Sounds good." Andy tilted her head and sighed. "What?" Maya said confused. "I am just so proud of you." Maya scoffed. "Stop it." "We have an appointment the day before Thanksgiving and we will tell everyone at the station on thanksgiving." Carina said. "Great idea." Andy stood up. "Now can i hig you both." "Yes." The wifes said unisono and hugged their roomie tightly.

The appointment went well and they decided to do the fertility treatment as soon as maya started her peroid which would still be 3 ish weeks and until then they would be looking at sperm donors.

Thanksgiving was a great disaster. The turkey was burnt and the potatos oversalted. Thankfully Andy came to the rescue with food that was actually eatable. They were all sitting and laughing at the disastrous day, when Maya and Carina broke the news to them. "We are going to try for a baby. We want to have a baby." Maya stammerd. Carina took her hand. "And we might need you guyses support, this is going to be a journey and it might be hard at times, but we think we are ready and we most definatly are excited." Maya nodded. And everyone cheered and went to hug them, congratulat them and promise them to be there whenever they might need it.

A few days later Maya started her period, which ment they'd start the fertility treatment. The injections weren't Mayas favorite, but it was okay. Carina did them for her, when both of then were home. And when Carina was working or Maya was at the stationy, she did them herself. She had placed some of the vials in the fridge, which had led to a funny conversation with her colegues.
"Whats that?" Jack said and held up a vial. Maya was drinking her protein shake and said. "Thats mine. Medication for...Its for the egg retreval." "Ahh. Okay...." "To make them grow. The ...eggs." Maya blushed a little, but not as much as Jack. Dean had over heard the end of the conversation. "What eggs? I want eggs? Scrambled?" Maya laughed and Jack nearly dropped his apple. "My egg. You idiot." Maya said. "This is medication for my eggs. Not chicken eggs." "Nope, i don't want that." Dean said, his eyes as big as coffee plates.

The first week Maya tolerated the meds very well. She didn't feel much of a change in her body exept maybe being slightly more sensible to smell.
The mornig of the 8 day however, Carina was woken up to the sound of someone throwing up. She quickly jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. Maya was sitting there hunched over the toilet. Looking absolutly misserable. "Oh. Bambina." Carina rubbed her back and held her hair out of the blondes face as she continued to throw up last nights dinner. "Gross." Said Maya as she felt a little better and sat up. "Are you okay?" Carina asked. Maya took a deep breath to try and controll another wave of nausea. "No you are not. I'm sorry." Carina said and felt her forehead. "Well you don't have a temperature, so this is maybe a side effect of the medication." "Brilliant." "But maybe its a stomach bug." Carina said. "Good thing you are off work today." Maya nodded. She truly felt awfull and she was greatfull not having to work today.
Maya went back to bed, after she felt a little better and after she slept some more, she wasn't sick at all anymore. However the next day, it came back with full force right around 4 am and had Maya hanging over the toilet up until 7 am again. "I don't like this." Carina said. "I don't either. But i don't know sideeffects happen. But you are the doctor." Maya said, as she was washing her face. She had to be on shift in an hour and she felt like crap, but not like she was going to throw up again. Just tired and irritated. "Well, i am going to read some stuff. I have some spare time today, hopefully and i will use it to read on the sideeffects and then i'll tell you." "Okay." Maya said. "You know, i can do this. Even if i have to throw up everyday for the next few weeks. Its just a few weeks. Not 9 months." "Yeah. I hope you get up with me, when i am throwing up at the ass crack of dawn." Carina laughed. "One you don't have to get up with me, two i will get up with you, no doubt." "Okay. One thank you and two i don't want to let you go through this alone." "Teamwork." Maya said. "Teamwork." Carina responded.