Oneshot: Periods

Carina: 49
Maya: 46
Nina: 23
the tripplets: 11

Carina didn't want her daughters to have the traumatic first period that her and Maya had. She had been 14 and home alone with her father. Her mother had left for a week to try if they could fix their mariage with a little distance and had taken Andrea.  Carina had known what it was, she had heard her friends talk about it and even in her teens she already had a big interest in medicine and the human anatomy. She was however too scared to ask her father for help and because she didn't know what to do she just shoved a tampon inside. She did however use it the wrong way around and the thread had been lost. So she couldn't get it back out. She still didn't want to tell her father and it grew more and more painfull. When she couldn't move anymore she called for her father and explained to him while crying, what had happened.

If Vincenco Deluca ever did anything right in parenting, it was in that moment. Carina had a themperature due to the infection and so her took her to a collegue who was very kind and helped her. She got antibiotics and while she slept Vincenco went and got an assortment of products. Different pads and tampons in all different shapes and sizes. He sat her down and told her that he wasn't mad and that everything was fine and she could always come to him if she needed anything. He explained her what happened to her body and told her to try out the different products to find what worked best for her and suggested to start with pads.

Maya had a similar experience. She was 11 when she and her father had been on a track meet on the other side of the state. She had terrible stomach cramps and when she saw she started her period she told her father. He dismissed her and told her to hold it in. She bled through her running shorts and another girl from the team helped her out. It was so embaressing for Maya. The other girls were wispering and chattering until Lucy, who was two years older stepped in. "Maya? Did you start your period?" "Yes." Maya said silently. "Don't you have anything with you?" "No. I never had my period before. I thought it happend at like 13 or so." "No its completly normal to start at 11." "My father said to hold it in, but i don't know how." "You can't. You need a pad to stop the blood." "Its too late, my shorts are ruined." "I'll give you one. Do you have a spare pair of underware and shorts?" "Mhm." "Okay. Here you go. You pull this off and stick it to your underware."  "Like this?" Maya simply sticked it in her spare panties and Lucy nodded. "Exactly." "Thank you, Lucy you are a livesafer." "Of course." "Hey. Can i ask you another question?" "Sure?" "Is it normal to have really bad stomach cramps." "Oh yes. My sisters are so bad she can't go to school for days. Do you have cramps?" "A little. Its not that bad." It was very bad, but even at 11 Maya knew to embrace the pain and just run.

Carina had sat Meena and Louise down about a month before their 11th birthday. Ellie still wore dipers and therefore needed to be changed anyway, they could explain it to her once it happened. Carina explained what happened during a period, what they had to do, what products exist. The entire female cycle and went pad shopping with them. They prepared emergency bags for their lockers at school. A few pads some fresh underwear, some chocolate and some hand desinfectant. Somehow Carina managed to make everything seem exciting. Meena and Louise never felt embaressed or shy. Maybe it was because even before talking about it, periods was a comon topic at home. Nina and Maya talked openly about it just to make the others aware and so it was regularly discussed. And eventhough Maya and Nina were very miserable during their periods, the girls were frankly excited for their periods to start. To be a woman and grown up.

The first one however to have their first period at the Deluca-Bishop house, wasn't one of the tripplets.
Meena was having a friend from school over for a playdate. Alissia and Meena were playing in Meenas room. With Nina moving into her own Apartment and Andy moving in a house in the same street as they had. Each one of the girls had their own room. Meena had the room that used to be Andys, Louise had the tripplets room and Ellie the one Nina used to have. The girls liked having a room together, but they were getting older and showed different interests. So they just needed some privacy.