Part 3: Anya

Hey Babes! I'm really sorry that I'm so lame with the updates.
But editing this is a lot of work... so much work 🫠 BUT here's the next part and I hope you enjoy this.
I looooove you 🖤

*~*

Part 3: Anya

When Anya crawls into her bed a few hours later, she feels exactly like she did the night ten years ago. Sick and shivery with adrenaline and repulsion and arousal. Over and over again she asks herself if this was real. Did it really happen or is she just losing her mind? Pensively, she lets her fingertips glide over her lips. It's still there. His taste. How can it not be real when it... feels so real?

Her thoughts are so confusing. Because despite her terror, there's this small part of her that's wondering if she'll see Kyun again. Will he be present? Will he be there when she seals the deals? Or will he just disappear until a year from now when she fulfills her task?

Her chest throbs a little at this thought. As much as he frightens her—as much as the feelings he gives her frighten her—there's a part of her that doesn't want him to disappear again.

The next afternoon, Anya arrives backstage at the venue of tonight's show. She's grateful to have a concert in her town today. She couldn't stand sitting in a plane again. Even though her thoughts kept her awake late into the night, Anya feels so rested today. It's almost as if, for the first time in ten years, she was able to sleep properly, and that really puts her in a good mood. There's even this little part inside of her that's looking forward to starting soul-collecting.

As the styling team arrives, Anya takes a long look in the mirror.
This is her.
No make-up, no gloss. Just her. Anya.

In a few minutes, her team will turn her into the Anya.
The shiny pop star. The idol. The icon.

And with her styling, life will return to her body. Cause when she's up there, when she's on stage, it feels like she is someone. It feels like she's invincible. Almost untouchable.

It's a double-edged sword, she can't deny that. Being an idol, being who she is, makes her feel alive, yet drains her so much.

The young pop star learned the very hard way that she can't trust anyone. And the attention is so addictive. She knows the moment people stop caring about her the way they do now is the moment she will lose herself.
That's why her life is constant working, producing, performing—she can't risk people forgetting about her. And this pressure slowly made her kind of numb. Offstage, she barely feels anything anymore. Except for when she has sex. Yeah, sex makes her feel alive...

With her eyes closed, she tries to focus on not snapping at Lydia, her hairstylist, for torturing her scalp like this. There are days she can handle it, and then there are days she can't. And today she can't. It feels like Lydia is pulling out each hair one by one.

Suddenly the door opens and when she opens her eyes, she sees a dude walking in.
It's Luke Cooper. Or Coop, as she calls him. Her manager.

"Hey girl!" He smirks and leans against the vanity table. "How are you feeling? You were a little off yesterday."

Apologetically, she smiles at him. He's right. She definitely was. But considering the fact that she thought she'd be dying, she had been surprisingly calm. She didn't wanna worry anyone. She'd used the past months to say goodbye properly to her friends and family. A farewell hidden behind a lot of joyful events. And even though she was panicking the moment Kyun showed up, she had kind of accepted her fate. After all, she chose it herself.

"I was just tired, don't worry! I'm way better today..."

"That's great!" he says and lays his hand on her shoulder. "But tell me if you need a break, okay? I don't want you to overwork yourself!"