Part 34: Repulsion

Part 34: Repulsion

Anya's head snaps up to Kyun and her heart begins to race at a painful pace.

"What?" she breathes.

Kyun gasps. "Fuck! You forgot?"

With these words, he slides a few papers over the counter to her. At the very top is a name.

Chae Hyungwon.

With parted lips, she shakes her head, refusing to accept what she's seeing.

"No!" she whispers and her view becomes blurry. "No, Kyun, no! This can't be, this wasn't... no! Changkyun!"

She looks at the demon wide-eyed, slowly beginning to lose the ground underneath her feet. "That wasn't meant as a deal! I just wanted to have sex I just wanted to... f-forget!"

Realization hits her physically like a ton of bricks and she stumbles a few steps away from the counter, as if losing sight of his name would make the deal undone.

Kyun takes a step closer, attempting to grab her waist, but Anya shoves his arms away as pure horror rushes through her veins.

"Why didn't you tell me this? she yells, her voice shaky "Why didn't you tell me—"

"Okay, stop yelling at me!" he interrupts her in a calm tone. "Babygirl, I get that you're upset. But I did tell you about this. I'm really sorry but it's not my fault that you don't think before you act!"

Anya can't breathe and she feels the walls slowly caving in. Gasping for air, she fidgets her hands, trying to calm herself as tears flood down her cheeks. 
She can't believe—

Wait!

"Rip it apart! Ki's too! And Wonho's! I changed my mind!" With wobbly legs she stumbles over to the counter and grabs the papers with both hands, ready to shred them. "I'll find substitutes—"

"Fuck! Are you out of your goddamn mind?" Kyun shouts and she flinches at the sudden volume of his voice. With dark eyes, he snatches the already crumpled pieces of paper out of her hands, puts them back on the counter and smooths them carefully. "My god, what did I tell you about thinking before you act? You make me so angry!"

Still crying hysterically, she watches him, her breathing so heavy that she feels like she will collapse any minute. "But you said you can shred them! You said that when you let them sign—"

"But that was before the deal was settled, and before we even started, babygirl!" he explains in an angry tone. "All these fucking contracts are linked to another! If you destroy one, you destroy them all! Do you even realize what you almost did? You almost destroyed all your work of nine fucking months because you just don't think!"

Startled, she takes a step back, shaking her head over and over in complete and utter disbelief. "There must be another way!" she cries. "Please, Kyun!" Begging, she grabs his jacket and pulls him closer. "Please Kyun! Please, you have to spare them, you have to undo this!"

Her voice completely drowns in sobs as she looks up to the demon's crimson eyes. The pain she felt after finding out about Ki is twice as big now. These men are amazing and she will send them to hell. It's not that they will just die... they will face an eternity of torture because of her! Because she wants to keep on living. But what kind of life will that be knowing she sacrificed all these souls? What kind of life will she lead after this?

Anya knows in that moment that she has turned into a monster, worse than Kyun ever was...

The demon observes her face with furrowed brows as she begs and cries for him to undo this. Then he lays his hand against her cheek, wipes away the tears that run down her face uncontrollably.