Part 42: Havoc

Hello babes,
here's the next part! Just a little heads up, the next chapters might take a day or two longer than usual again, cause my editor is a very busy bee 🥰 just for you to know!
I love you 🖤

~*~

Part 42: Havoc

Kyun hates this feeling. He can barely focus. All he can think of is how Anya feels after last night.

After he slept with her.

So many times as he watched her with other men, when they just put their clothes back on and left, he asked himself how these people could leave a woman like her just like that. She was never mad about it; on the contrary, she was happy when they were gone. The work for her was done. But Kyun always knew that she deserved more than that.

He was angry with these guys. They were capable of all the emotions that are required for cuddles, for sweet conversations. But they didn't give her those things, because she satisfied them, and what else could a man ask for?

He promised himself that if he ever lost his strength to resist and slept with her, he wouldn't leave her laying there like a piece of meat, he wouldn't just get dressed and go like an asshole.

But sleeping with her overwhelmed Kyun; it overwhelmed him so much that he acted like all the other men. He was so scared of whatever had happened inside of him that he didn't even dare to look at her.

And by then it was too late anyway. Anya already asked him to leave and never come back. Kyun felt an undefinable pain in his chest the moment she spoke those words, but he figured it was best for her. It really is.

And now she's with him. With Jooheon.
Kyun knows him. He's seen his soul. Jooheon is everything Anya deserves. She deserves someone that treats her well. Someone that brings sunshine into her life instead of darkness and frustration.

But why the hell does the mere thought of it makes him so fucking angry?

None of his thoughts make sense. Every logical explanation only leads to feelings that are impossible for him to feel! So what the fuck is going on?

So many questions are hammering in his head. Will she sleep with Jooheon right away?
He assumes she won't be able to wait; sex is important to her, and the only way for her to express feelings properly. But maybe it's different with Joo because she wants more. She's longing for someone who loves more than her body—and Kyun can't blame her. He knows how lonely she is. He's seen it from the beginning.

But why does she have the urge to settle now? In the middle of this deal?

It would be so easy to sneak up on her, see how the date is going. But that's pathetic as fuck and he doesn't want to make all of this worse.

He could check her apartment. Just for a moment. See if she's already home...

Yeah, this might work.

Before he can consider this more carefully, he already finds himself standing in her living room. In silence, he looks around, tries to find any hints of her being home. The lights are on but it's so quiet...

Suddenly, something catches his attention. Confused, he turns his head and sees something lying on the counter reflecting the bright light from the fixture above.
The closer he moves to it, the more he wishes he'd never come, and the moment he recognizes what's laying there, he has a feeling in his chest so painful that he closes his eyes, gasping. And then the anger in his gut spreads like a virus, infecting his body and mind.

With a hand fisted to control his wrath, he takes the necklace from the counter.
The necklace he gave her.

His momma's necklace...