Part 22: A Little Something

My babes. I wanna thank you here as well for the amount of love this book got so far. I will never ever take it for granted that you support this story! So thank you so so much, I love you a lot 🖤🫶🏻

~*~

Part 22: A Little Something 

Still shaking, Anya walks up into her old bedroom after telling her parents she'll head to bed. The moment the door closes behind her, she bursts into tears.

She can't believe this happened. She can't believe Will sold his soul, attacked her, and then had the audacity to judge her! As if he wouldn't go down the same path to save his own soul.

"It's okay," Kyun whispers and she feels his hand on her shoulder.

"No, it's not! I can't believe he threatened me like that!"

"He was scared. Fear does a lot to people. He wasn't in his right mind..."

"So?" She lowers her hands and takes a step back, looking for something she can let her anger out on. "I was in his position too and I never let it out on other people!"

The fact that she's sacrificing souls aside.
All of this was too much for her. What would've happened if her family had seen all this? What would've happened if they found out?

With a galloping heart she walks up and down her room until Kyun grabs her wrist.

"Come here!"

Without giving her the chance to escape, he pulls her to his chest. And even though she's been fighting her feelings so hard, she gives up for the moment, sighs and wraps her arms around his shoulders. It doesn't entirely erase the devastation, but  she closes her eyes and just enjoys the way he holds her close, the way he strokes her back, the way he's there and calms her.

"I have no idea how my father will react to his death," she mumbles against his shoulder after a while, and Kyun shrugs.

"If you want to I can ask Magnus for a potion that makes the loss bearable..."

Another dose of juju to mask reality. A chuckle escapes her throat.

"Better not..."

For a long moment he holds her tightly until he lets go of her and she sinks into the mattress.

She's tired.

"Can you tell me, babygirl," he says with a smirk. "Why was it only twenty-four hours before you got yourself into trouble again?"

Again she chuckles. The sound has a tinge of desperation to it. "I know... I'm incapable of surviving on my own!"

For a moment they fall silent and she tries not to think about what would've happened if Kyun hadn't shown up...

Wait—

"How did you know, though?" She looks at him. "I didn't call your name."

It has almost become a habit for her to call his name whenever she wants him to be there. But this time she didn't do it. Calling him didn't even cross her mind.

"Yeah, but I feel when—" Kyun clears his throat. "—when my clients are in trouble."

"You can feel it?" She tilts her head. "Why did it take so long for you to come when I got attacked by the vampire?"