Part 15: Comfort

I really really like this chapter and I hope you do too 🖤

~*~

Part 15: Comfort

Anya is dimly aware of Kyun's desperate attempts to keep her awake. Over and over again he calls her name, shakes her weak body, and she wants to respond but she's too weak. He sounds so damn far away again, almost as far as Anya's connection to her own body.

What's happening?

Kyun gently claps her cheeks and calls her name another time and she almost feels the exact moment her soul merges with her body again. She opens her heavy eyes, her vision blurred and they fall shut again.

"Fuck! Babygirl, you've lost too much blood! You need mine, do you hear me? But I need your consent, please!"

Anya's survival instinct completely takes over. She fights with all her might to grasp her own body, make it move. Drinking his blood might become the most disgusting experience of her life but she refuses to die.

"Yes!" She doesn't recognize her own damn voice and isn't sure that Kyun even heard it.

But she feels his hand on the back of her head, holding her heavy body. And then something presses against her lips and a viscous iron liquid spills into her mouth.

His blood.

She can't help but gag as it runs down her throat.

"I know, I know this is disgusting!" Kyun whispers. "But please, babygirl..."

The sheer desperation in his voice makes her heart clench.

So she swallows—her body is too weak to protest anyway. She tries to imagine drinking some kind of medicine, anything that keeps her mind off the truth. It helps.
With each drop running down her throat, the strength returns to her body and she opens her heavy lids, only to meet Kyun's gaze.

He stares at her wide-eyed, his lips parted as he observes her every feature. There's shock written on his face, panic that flickers up in his crimson eyes.

Anya raises her hand and lays it around his wrist on her mouth. The demon shakes his head as if her touch ripped him back to reality. He nods and a relieved chuckle escapes his throat.

"Good girl..."

But the longer she stares at Kyun, the longer he holds her gaze, the clearer the memory of what just happened becomes. What happened before she passed out.
Now that she's a few minutes distant from the blinding pleasure she felt, she can feel only a steadily growing sense of confusion.

Shame.

She lowers her gaze and keeps on drinking until Kyun takes his wrist off her mouth. Droplets of blood run down her chin and he wipes them away.

"I think that's enough for now..." he whispers and lets his tongue curl over his own wrist, closing the wound like he closed hers.

For a long moment, they fall silent. Only the muffled music from outside is to be heard. This silence underlines Anya's shame and she feels her eyes becoming watery.

Kyun sighs. "Babygirl..."

"No!" Her voice is a hoarse whisper and she tries to climb off his lap while avoiding eye contact with him. She doesn't dare look at his face. She doesn't dare see his face after what happened. She's so ashamed. Of what she felt, how she acted.

Kyun refuses to let her go and pulls her into his embrace instead. His body, his warmth, the fact that he still cares despite what happened, help her relax. But her cheek now resting against his bare shoulder, bare because of how she yanked his clothes away, desperate for his skin, is only a further reminder of her shame. She shivers when she thinks about her greed, about the way she just... lost control.