Part 36: Secrets

Sorry, my babes, that updating took so long now! Buuut we worked hard so I can update more often again! I changed the cover, as you can see 😂 hope you like it as much as I do. After seeing this pic in my Overdrive album I just had to 😂
Anyway, enjoy the chapter.
Love you 🖤

~*~

Part 36: Secrets

"Make sure he gets enough rest!" Magnus says as he and Alec stand in front of the portal again. "The potion is strong, he might sleep a while!"

Exhausted from the events of the past two hours, Anya nods. Alec gives her one last compassionate smile before they step through the portal and the purple cloud disappears.

Anya looks down at Kyun's body. Is he able to get cold?

Without wasting another thought on this, she pulls the blood-soaked sheets away from underneath him and covers his half-naked body. Shaking, she stares at her arms and fingers. They're sticky with his blood and hers. She managed to wash off most of it while cleaning Kyun's chest but it still looks like a damn nightmare. But she's too weak to get up. She'll take care of this and the dirty sheets in the morning...

Still dizzy from the blood loss, she lays down next to Kyun and stares at his face. His beautiful, flawless face.

She's never seen him with his eyes closed. Has never seen him resting or sleeping. He looks so peaceful.

For a long moment, she thinks about everything that happened, and suddenly tears fill her eyes. Sobbing, she lets her hand glide over Kyun's cheek.

Despite knowing how creepy and inappropriate it is, she moves closer, wraps her arm carefully around his body, buries her face in his neck and cries against his skin.

"I was so scared for you. Don't do this to me ever again!" she weeps. "I... I know I have to live without you at some point. And I can manage that. But I can't stand the thought of you dying, you mean too much to me..."

He doesn't answer. Of course he doesn't. Anya only has the guts to say these words because she knows he can't hear them.

God, almost losing him made her so much more aware of how fucked she is. She's so deeply in love with him.
This will be her downfall, she knows this. Still, there's something inside of her that doesn't care. This part pushes away all the fear and devastation and only leaves space for the pure and deep feelings she has for this demon.

For a long time, she lays like this, her fingers tangled up in his hair as she inhales his scent and tries to calm her breathing.

Eventually, her tiredness overwhelms and before she even has the chance to crawl off of him, she drifts into sleep.

Kyun's eyes fly wide open and a sharp gasp escapes his throat. He tries to move his aching body, groans with every shift, the echo of the pain reverberating in his body.

He moves his tongue to moisten his dry mouth when he suddenly tastes the unmistakable flavor of Anya's blood on his tongue.

Within seconds last night's memories crash down on him.

His head snaps to the side and he finds Anya laying on his shoulder, her eyes closed, her neck and arm covered in dried maroon blood.

Kyun's pulse quickens and he shifts his body as panic spreads in his gut. But when he sees the movement of her shoulder in unison with her soft breaths, he releases a long, shaky exhale.

"Oh, thank god!" he breathes and lets his thumb glide over her cheek. Seeing her right now, seeing she's okay, is such a relief.

His eyes observe her soft, peaceful features as his hand slips from her cheek over her shoulder and down her arm. Carefully, he lifts her wrist from his chest and turns it.