Part 23: Sisterhood

Part 23: Sisterhood

After taking a hot shower, Anya walks out of the bathroom, her mind still clouded with thoughts about Kyun.

She's trying hard to shake him off, his impact, the feelings he's giving her, but it's impossible. Every second he's not with her almost hurts physically.

She flinches when she unexpectedly finds Taryn standing in her room.

"Gosh, you scared me to death!" she gasps and passes her sister to get her lotion.

"I'm sorry!" Taryn chuckles, then looks at her curiously for a long moment. "Are you okay?" she asks. "You seem off since you got that necklace." She jerks her chin towards Anya's neck, to Kyun's gift.

"Yes, I'm fine!" Anya lies without looking at her, trying to be busy moisturizing her skin.

She feels her sister's eyes on her.

"What?" she groans but again her sister shrugs.

"Nothing!"

Not believing a word she says, she lowers her lotion and looks at her with an aggravated expression.

"Taryn, what?"

Her sister sighs and sits next to her on the bed. "There's this annual Christmas party again tonight" she explains. "I went there the last couple of years. It was lots of fun! A lot of people from your high school went there too and will come again this year..."

"So?" Anya asks and keeps on moisturizing her skin. Is she asking her for permission to go there?

"I want you to come with me!"

A loud, contemptuous laugh escapes her throat and she shakes her head vehemently.

"I'm not going to party with people that used to bully me! Forget it, Taryn!"

The scars of her high school years are deep enough. The only reason she made it through was that she knew she'd become successful one day.

Luckily, it happened...

"Please!" Taryn whines. "I'm twenty-four now and you promised to take me to one of those fancy L.A parties as soon as I'm legal, which you haven't done yet, so please go to this party with me instead! I wanna get wasted with my sister! Plus! You are the Anya! You're a fucking superstar! There's no better way to rub their noses in it!"

Again Anya chuckles at how eager Taryn is to convince her. She's sure her sister prepared her arguments a long time ago. And she did promise to take her out once she was legal, but Anya's been so busy ever since her career took off that she barely saw her sister. Then the whole hell thing...

Kyun wants her to enjoy this visit, wants her to have fun, and she promised him that she'd try at least.

Sighing, she looks at her sister. "Fine..."

Squealing, Taryn hugs her tightly. "You're the best! We're leaving at seven!"

Late in the evening, Taryn and Anya stand in front of a huge mansion.

"Boy!" Anya gasps. Their family never had to worry about money but these people are show-offs! Not even she, with the millions in her bank account, ever felt the need to buy... this!

Probably because she's alone though. If she had a family, she would consider it.

"Wait till you see the inside!" Taryn chuckles and they walk up the driveway.

The loud music and chatting from the guests hit Anya like a wall as Taryn opens the door. Barely anyone pays attention to her and she's glad for it. As much as she loves attention when she's on stage, this is different. Because they aren't here for her.