Part 62: Crossroad

My babes. I'm done apologizing, my reasons for the delay don't matter anyway 😂

Info: I'll be on my honeymoon in Japan for the next three weeks 🥹 so I'll give you the epilogue after that.

I can't even express how sad I am that this story has come to an end. It's been two years since I started writing, two years with my head full of Anya and Kyun and ngl I'm exhausted and happy and sad and proud and devastated and relieved 😂

Thanks for all your support with this story! I hope you enjoy this last official chapter 🖤

~*~

Part 62: Crossroad

Demon hunters are fucking lunatics. There's no other way to describe this.

"Can't wait to kill a few of these bastards!" Jace, Alec's best friend growls and flips the blade in his hand.

Inwardly, Anya rolls her eyes. She's known this guy for only a few hours and already dislikes him. He's so full of himself. She hopes he's at least half as good at killing demons as he seems to think he is.

His girlfriend Clary, a tall ginger beauty, giggles. "That attitude will get you killed one day!"

Jace smirks smugly. "Ah, this attitude is what you love about me!"

"True!"

Chuckling, they pull each other close and kiss wildly. Wide-eyed, Anya watches them. Are they for real? Does this...turn them on?

"Really?" Magnus chimes in, equally disgusted. "This is so not the right time!"

"Pretty big mouth for such a small guy!" Jax scoffs, and Anya can't help but grin. The demon looks like he could snap Jace's neck with one hand. "Let's see if it remains once our family arrives!"

The demon hunter turns to the broad creature and flips his weapon another time. "How about we find out right now?"

"God! This alpha-male behavior is so embarrassing!" Izzy, Alec's twin sister and a badass bitch, probably braver and stronger than all of them combined, lets her whip glide through her fingertips, her voice seductive and smooth "We're on the same side here, idiots!"

Too stunned to speak, Anya watches their interaction as Alec steps next to her.

"I asked for help..." she says. "And you brought me a kindergarten..."

The tall guy laughs. "But this kindergarten contains the best demon hunters in this world...and a vampire!"

This vampire isn't even worth mentioning. Simon is probably even scared of his own damn shadow, absolutely incomparable to the one that attacked Anya in the club all those nights ago.

She must admit, she had no idea demon hunters had allies in the underworld. However, according to Kyun, these creatures have all been humans before. She guesses in the end you can choose which kind of life you want to live—doomed or not.

"Okay!" Jax says and walks up to them. "What's the plan?"

For a moment Anya had forgotten her intense nervousness. Shivering, she looks at Magnus when he and his friends come closer as well.

For their plan, the warlock wanted her to find a place with enough space, so the demons wouldn't destroy his apartment. The place that instantly popped up in her mind was the crossroad in her hometown in Georgia where she made this deal with Kyun eleven years ago.

Dramatic, yes. But it's also pretty perfect.

It's still as scary at night as it was back then. Or, just like back then, it's scary because of what they're up to.