Part 30: Distraction

My babes!
400 followers, 4K reads and over 400 votes, I'm completely losing myself over this 🥹 thank you so much!

Yesterday was my birthday and yesterday was also the day Kyun released Overdrive! I feel so happy and blessed so here's my reminder to stream the shit outta this 🥰

love you 🖤

~*~

Part 30: Distraction

Two hours later, Anya and Kyun are still sitting there, drinking and having a good time with Magnus and Alec.

But suddenly, the demon's stare shifts past the party into emptiness and his body tenses.

"Kyunnie?" She lays her hand on his shoulder, knowing that look upon his face too well.

He's being summoned.

It's not the first time this has happened. There have been quite a few nights in the past Kyun just disappeared only to show up again a few minutes later. But they've never been in public then.

What if someone sees him disappearing?

"Fuck!" he curses and looks at her with an apologetical expression. "I'm sorry, babygirl! I—"

"Oh, don't apologize, Kyunnie!" she says and he stands up. "Be quick before you attract attention!"

To her utter surprise, he leans down to her and kisses the crown of her head gently.

"I'm really sorry!" he whispers into her ear and the sound of his low voice sends a pleasant shiver down her spine. "I'll be back ASAP, babygirl. I promise!"

With these words he hurries out of the room.

Sighing, she watches him leave with her elbow on the table and her chin in her hand. When she looks up, Magnus eyes her, his lips pressed together.

"Please don't look at me like that!" she groans and leans back in her chair.

"I'm not doing anything!" He chuckles and exchanges a quick glance with Alec before meeting Anya's eyes again. "I'm just surprised my words back in the club didn't have any effect at all..."

With furrowed brows, she shakes her head. "What do you mean?"

Magnus sighs and slips onto Kyun's free chair. "Back then I seriously believed you when you said don't feel more for him than the urge for him to fuck you and now...?"

Ah, this conversation. The one in which he made her understand that the only feelings Kyun is able to feel are the sinful ones. Still, she plays dumb and shakes her head.

"Sweetie, you have heart eyes when you look at him!"

Anya doesn't know how to respond to this. She can't deny his words, but also doesn't want to confirm them.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" he presses.

God, she hates this! She doesn't need anyone telling her things she already knows! Things that already make her cry herself to sleep every other night.

"Magnus! I've been trying to fight this for months now! But he's with me all the time, he never leaves my side, I can't distance myself and sort out my feelings cause he's always there!"

Magnus tilts his head. "He's there because you want him to be there..."

Annoyed, she shakes her head. No, in the beginning, she certainly didn't want him to be there all the time and still, he was!

"Maybe he's there because he wants to be with me?" she says but Magnus shakes his head, compassion and a spark of annoyance—probably that she didn't listen to him—reflect in his eyes.