Part 16: Time is ticking

Don't forget to vote, if you liked this chapter! And stream Freedom and the whole album 🥰
I love you 🖤

~*~

Part 16: Time is ticking

Groaning, Anya opens her heavy eyes and immediately squints them shut again when the bright light of the sun shining through her window blinds her.

Fuck.
FUCK!

Everything hurts, every inch of her body hurts like hell, especially her head. The blood loss after the vampire and Kyun almost sucked her dry makes her feel hammered without even drinking that much.

What happened?

She feels a state of shame she often feels after drinking because she never knows what she did. But this time this shame is even bigger than usual.

"Goooood morning, sunshine!" Kyun rips open the door to her bedroom and Anya flinches before groaning.

"Gosh. Fuck off!"

Kyun chuckles. "Nah, babygirl! I made breakfast! Look..."

With a bright smile, he holds a plate of pancakes out to her. For a moment she stares at the dish, but when the scents reach her nose, her stomach turns. Gagging, she presses her hand to her mouth, jumps up, and runs into the bathroom. Gasping, she falls on her knees in front of the toilet. Again, she gags, but nothing is coming out.

Fuck.

Shaking, she hangs there for a few moments, trying to get control over her nausea when the door opens again.

"Go away!" she snarls and spits into the toilet.

"Drink this!" Kyun holds a little bottle in his hand. The liquid inside is green."Magnus..."

Desperate to get rid of the sickness, she grabs the bottle and empties it without hesitation. At this point she trusts Kyun too much, this will be the end of her... 

He kneels down to lift her gently and carries her back to bed. Still shaking a little, she pulls the blanket over her shoulders, runs her hand through her hair and looks at him. Kyun is still wearing the same black suit from last night.

"Why are you... did you even sleep?"

He shakes his head. "I don't sleep!"

Even though she somewhat suspected this, it still makes her a little sad. Yes, it must be nice to never be tired but... sleeping is so wonderful! Sometimes she even dreams about sleeping because she loves it so much!

"What happened last night?" is the next thing she asks and Kyun's smirk gets even bigger.

"You don't remember?"

With Magnus' potion slowly beginning to take effect and her nausea loses its power over her body, she tries to focus to get all the little fragments together.

"We went to that bar..." she thinks out loud. Magnus, Jax, Cassie and a few other underworld creatures joined them. The bar was...
Her head snaps up to Kyun.

"I paid for everyone's drinks!"

"You did!" he chuckles. When she walked into the bar, all eyes were on her. So she asked for one normal night as a normal girl and in exchange for letting her have it, she offered to pay for the drinks...

"How much did I spend?"

Kyun throws his head back, laughing. "About 8,000 bucks!"

Her eyes widen. That's a lot... not that it would actually hurt her bank account but still... Jesus...