Part 53: Final Warning

Hello my beatiful babes!
I hope you'll like this chapter.
Please don't forget to leave a vote if you like this story 🖤

~*~

Part 53: Final Warning

The moment Kyun speaks the demon's name, Anya knows exactly who's standing in front of them. The demon that tricked Kyun into his transition. Will's demon.

"It's been a while!" Alistair has a playful nonchalance, just like Kyun did when they first met, as he walks up and down the small alley. But different from Kyun, with whom Anya never was a hundred percent sure which side of hell he stood on, it's pretty clear with Alistair. The energy that surrounds him isn't comparable to her demon's. It's so much darker, so much more terrifying.

Kyun's hand searches for hers behind his body. Without hesitation, she grabs it, holds it tightly, and clings to his arm with her other hand, not letting Alistair out of her sight.

With a smile on his face, Alistair stops and his eyes meet Anya's. "Hello, darling!"

"Don't!" Kyun growls. "Don't you dare talk to her!"

"But Changkyun." He huffs a laugh. "You can't expect me to not be thrilled to finally meet the soul responsible for all this mess. I'm a huge fan!"

Anya feels her heartbeat in her throat as she clings to Kyun.

What mess is she responsible for?

"I must admit, you caught me a little off-guard, Changkyun," the demon continues. "It was a pain in my ass to find you. You neglected your job, haven't completed a single deal in weeks—" Anya's head snaps up to Kyun. Where was he when she was asleep if he didn't go to work? "—so often in the past weeks I've played the scenario of this exact moment of finally finding you in my head over and over again. I'd planned to ask you first how the hell you've managed to hide this long. But now..." He stops and smiles at Anya, his head tilted, awe in his voice. "It's obvious, so obvious that I'd be ashamed for not considering it if it wasn't so damn rare!" A slight smile appears on his face, his eyes rotating between Kyun and Anya and the artist has so many questions burning in her head.

"Fascinating." Pensively, Alistair lets his finger glide over his lips. "I've heard it's possible but I never witnessed it. I've never seen a connection like this between a demon and a human."

Again, Anya looks at Kyun, who is still gazing at Alistair, his jaw clenched. But not a wince, not a single reaction to the other demon's words.

"Oh?" Alistair raises his brow and chuckles. "She doesn't know, does she?"

Anya has to bite her tongue to not snap at either of them for talking in secret like this. Her heart is pounding so hard against Kyun's back, she's certain that he can feel it.

"Cut to the chase, Alistair!" Kyun spits. "What do you want?"

"Oh, you know exactly what I want!" The calmness in Alistair's voice decreases. "He's losing his patience, Kyun! I thought I made that clear the night I introduced you to my little friends. Too bad you disappeared so suddenly... I suppose it was her?" Alistair looks at Anya again. "She called you? I already knew something was odd when you kept on mumbling her name..."

Anya's breath gets stuck in her throat. The night he showed up bleeding like a slaughtered pig—it was Alistair's hellhounds who did it? Baffled, Anya nibbles her bottom lip so hard that she tastes her blood on her tongue. She knew Kyun despises Alistair for what he did to him. But she thought they were somewhat on the same page; they're both crossroad demons after all.

"Tell Lucifer and his other whores that I have a year!" Kyun holds Anya's hand a little tighter. "I know my rights!"

"Rights?" The white-haired demon throws his head back, laughing such a malignant laugh that it sends a shudder down her spine. "My god, Kyun! We're not talking about a Wall Street deal here! Lucifer doesn't care about bargains. Not that there has ever been a bargain after you chose to make this deal without permission. And when the king of hell loses his patience, he loses his patience! This is the last warning! They want her or the fifty others... or you know what will happen! You'd be dead by now if it wasn't for your power and your pathetic human shield. How does it feel, huh? How does it feel being so useless that only a worthless human stands between you and the wrath of Lord Lucifer?"