Part 61: Reminiscence

Babes. I totally forgot to tell you that this book got 1st place in the Supernatrual category of Sunny Seas Contest! Im very proud and happy about this and wanna thank the judge of the category for chosing Deadly Sins as a winner!

I tried to answer your comments but Wattpad has so many bugs lately, so it won't let me 🫠 but I need you to know that I love every single comment I read!

After this we only have one chapter and the epilogue left... 🥲
Deep breaths, babes, I love you 🖤

~*~

Part 61: Reminiscence

Time seems to stand still as Anya tries to process Magnus' words. With parted lips, she stares at the warlock

"I... I don't understand..." she whispers, unable to put the pieces together, unable to think.

Magnus looks at her, exasperated. "God, which part of this don't you understand—" he begins to rant but his husband interrupts him.

"Darling, please! You're not the only one who lost him..."

These words seem to be the hit Anya needs to understand what's going on. Her head snaps over her shoulder and Alec looks at her with a compassionate gaze. Wide-eyed, she looks back at Magnus whose features look a little softer, but not less crushed.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie!" he whispers. "He wanted you to be safe... they will keep him down there. Forever!"

"What... what are you talking about!"

Angry, she walks up to him and slaps the glass out of his hand. Magnus watches the glass crashing to the ground before he looks up at her.

"Kyun told me to come here. He said, he said you'd have... he... he said that..."

Her breath shakes and she realizes he never said that Magnus had a plan, he never said Magnus would know what to do. Kyun only made it sound like that... so it would be easier for her to... let him go?

"Magnus!" she yells hysterically as she realizes, with a wave of horrible sickness, that five minutes ago was the last time she would ever see Kyun. "No! No, Magnus, please! You have to... I didn't mean to...!"

"I know you didn't..." he says over her hysterical cries but she can barely hear him. It's almost as if she can feel her own heart crushing into pieces and the force of it is so strong that she stumbles a few steps back, clasping her hand on her chest, screaming as the pain overwhelms her.

Why did he do this?

Fully covered in pain, in anger, in sorrow, she collects her strength and inflates her lungs.

"Chang—" Before she can finish her desperate call, Alec snatches her waist from behind and presses his hand on her mouth.

"Sweetie, don't!" Magnus storms over to her, panic in his eyes, as her scream dies down, muffled in Alec's palm. Anya struggles to get out of his grip, kicks her legs, bends and twists her body while throwing unintelligible curses at both of them.

"Damn, she's strong!" Alec gasps and his husband calls her name multiple times.

She doesn't care, she doesn't listen. She can't live like this, she can't keep on living knowing she's the reason the demon she loves more than herself is getting tortured.

"Sweetie, listen to me!"

It's only when Magnus grabs her wrists that she stops moving, her mouth still covered by Alec's hand. "You and Kyun have a connection and when he comes, he won't come alone. From now on Kyun is under constant watch. If he shows up it won't take long before other demons follow. And they won't hesitate to kill you. Is that what you want? Kyun being trapped in hell forever after watching you getting killed?"