Part 44: Henry

Are you ready to meet the absolute sweetheart? 🥰🫶🏻

~*~

Part 44: Henry

Grinning, Anya takes the phone out of Kyun's hand and walks around the counter. While heading to the couch, she stares at the display, trying to find the right words to respond.

"Wait!" Kyun says and turns around to her. "Okay, babygirl, wait!"

She raises her head. "What?"

"You don't really wanna sleep with that guy, do you?!"

"Yes!" she says firmly. "Yes, Changkyun, this man ruined my life! He's the reason I'm in this mess, he's the reason for all of this! He's—"

"The reason for every damn trauma in your life!" Kyun interrupts her. "Your love for this man dragged you into this mess, dragged you almost to hell! And now you just wanna sleep with him again? Babygirl, please, I need you to think about this!"

She totally gets where he's coming from. Of course, all of this was traumatic and horrible, but that is the reason she has to do this. She can finally come to peace with herself, with all this, when she's given that bastard what he deserves.

"There's nothing to think about! Kyun!" She takes a deep breath. She doesn't want to become angry again, or hysterical. She wants him to see how rational she is being about this decision. "This man is pure evil. He deserves to rot in hell! And I wanna be the one to send him there! I want him to remember me first thing when his dark, rotten soul lands in hellfire!"

Kyun chuckles and his hand on her waist pulls her closer. "Your wish for revenge is brutally sexy, not gonna lie! But please. I need you to think this through, okay? Don't act impulsively again, do me that favor!"

It has taken Anya way too long to realize that this demon would never insist on something like this if it wasn't for her own good, and that ignoring him was always the wrong move to make. So she takes a deep breath and looks up at him.

"Okay. Why shouldn't I sleep with him?"

Kyun sits on the backrest of the couch, his hand still resting on her waist.

"Well, apart from the fact that he deflowered you and then left you after taking your parents' money and your soul—okay that was me, but you get the gist!" Anya chuckles at his words. "This thing with the two of you was eleven years ago. Don't you find it a little suspicious that he's texting you only now?"

Cocking her head, she looks at him. "What do you mean?"

"You're a fucking superstar, babygirl!" He chuckles. "Everyone knows you! And not only since yesterday. If I were him, and you were my ex and if I heard all the songs you've written about me, I would've come to you sooner...why now?"

This question kind of annoys her. She's not quite able to think properly, way too distracted by her revenge.

"I don't know..." she mumbles and looks at Kyun. "Does that matter?"

The demon bites his lip and nods. "I'm afraid it does. I don't trust him..."

He's scared for her. This makes her heart throb yet another time. But this isn't about him. It's about her and Henry.

Sighing, she lays her hands on his shoulders and he tightens his grip on her waist. "I wanna do this, Kyun! Please! I wanna send him to hell so, so bad!"

He clenches his jaw while maintaining eye contact with her; then his hand takes hers from his shoulder and holds it.

"Okay! But before you text him, give me a little time. Give me time to do some research and find out what he might be up to!"