Part 50: Denial

Babes, I swear this chapter will forever give me a headache 😭 finally you'll get answers to all your questions and I truly hope it all makes sense/you understand what I'm trying to deliver. Please lmk if not, I'm open to explain things 😂

I love you sooo much! 🖤

~*~

Chapter 50: Denial

Tense, Kyun watches Magnus as the warlock's hands hover above Anya's body and the shiny liquid of his spell covers her.

It was ridiculously easy for the demon to get her away from the stage, from her team. He'd promised to take Anya to the nearest hospital, dusting a little magical persuasion over the words; but he knows whatever is wrong with her, it's something only Magnus can fix.

"Why is this taking so long?" Kyun groans, his body shaking with impatience. He's watched Magnus healing others more than once. And usually, this procedure is a matter of seconds—not minutes.

The warlock rolls his eyes. "I told you I won't be faster if you keep on breathing down my neck and pressuring me! Leave. I'll come out to you once I'm done!"

"But—"

"I mean it, Kyun!" Magnus lifts his head from her body and looks at his friend sternly. "Leave!"

Growling, the demon walks out of the room and slams the door shut behind him.
While pacing up and down Magnus' living room, Kyun almost loses himself.

He knew it. He knew something was going on. This isn't just a dizzy spell. This is more. The proof is in how long it's taking Magnus to heal her.

Kyun can't help but blame himself for all this. The wrath he feels, which is usually focused on other people and circumstances, is now completely focused on himself, and he has a hard time controlling his temper.

After what feels like an eternity, Magnus finally walks out of his bedroom, where Anya is laying.

"Is she awake?" he asks. "I need to see—"

Magnus stops him by his chest as he's about to pass him. "She's not! Not yet..."

For a long moment, the friends look at each other and in the shelter of Magnus's presence, all these strange emotions overwhelm Kyun.

Growling, he slips down the door to the floor and buries his face in his hands.
"This is all my fault," he whispers. "I knew she was overdoing it but I was so eager to finish this... fuck..."

The demon's chest is aching so much. He can't remember the last time he felt this kind of pain. The warlock bends down to him, pulls him back on his feet, and guides him over to the couch.

"I hate to say it. But this has to stop!"

Kyun knew Magnus would say that. He knew it. But he can't let this happen.

"We have to finish this deal!" Kyun whispers and looks at his friend. "We have to!"

"Why?"

The demon never meant for his friend to know the whole truth. Because he would've wanted an explanation. And Kyun doesn't have a rational one.

"Cause it's either those fifty souls, hers," he pauses and gulps heavily. "Or mine..."

Magnus' jaw drops. "C-come again?"

"Technically, I wasn't allowed to make this kind of sub-deal..."

"Changkyun!" Magnus wails. "What the fuck? Why did you do it then?"

Kyun still doesn't have an answer to this. So he shakes his head, shrugging helplessly.

"Then let her go to hell! That's her fate anyway, she knew what she got herself into—"