Part 25: Yearning

Part 25: Yearning

With a racing heart, Anya opens the door to her apartment. She and Kyun have been separated for almost a week! It was unbearable. Especially in the last two days, she had to restrain the urge to call his name almost ten times a day. She knew she missed him a little too much for her own good.

The moment she enters her home, a huge smile appears on her face.

He's here. Anya can feel his presence.

Leaving her heavy luggage in the hall, she hurries through the door to her kitchen.

There he is. He's sitting on the kitchen counter, in his fancy suit as usual, a peach in his hand, smirking.

"Well, hello, babygirl!"

Her heart almost explodes in her chest and she feels her cheeks turning rosy.

"Hi!" she breathes and Kyun jumps off the counter and throws the pit into the trash can.

"Missed me?"

God, yes. She missed him so much that she's not even able to lie to him about it.

"A lot..." she mumbles, and he snickers. "Did you...miss me too?"

"Longing isn't on my list of feelings" he says casually and walks up to her. "But if you want me to, I can lie to you..."

"But desire is, right?" she asks, trying to ignore the sting of his words. "Desire is a part of lust..."

Kyun tilts his head and she can see it in his face that he doesn't want to answer this question. But she doesn't care. She's missed him and she needs to hear that this isn't a one-sided thing. Just for a moment she wants to feel... loved.

"Lie to me!" she whispers and grabs his jacket.

Grinning, he cups her cheeks and pulls her closer. "I've missed you like crazy, babygirl!" he whispers.

Anya's knees are getting weak. Even though he literally just told her that he would lie to her, she can't help but hope that there's a little truth in his words.

Yearning for his touch, she wraps her arms around his waist and pulls him into her embrace, resting her cheek against his shoulder. For a moment, she feels his body tensing; then he chuckles and returns the hug, holding her tightly.

Suddenly Anya feels so safe again. So much like home. For a long moment, she clings to him like a toddler to their plushie, inhaling his scent, his alluring scent of ebony and peaches, while he lays one hand on her back as the other one glides over her cheek. She's grateful he's giving her this moment of closeness, that he's giving her what she needs right now without complaining.

"How was it at home?" he asks eventually and she lifts her head to look at him, shrugging.

"It was okay..."

"Just okay?" He raises his eyebrows and looks at her keenly. This serious look vanishes when he seems to realize that she really tried her best to enjoy every minute of it. "Did you bring my peaches?"

Grinning, she runs over to her luggage, pulls a plastic bag out of her suitcase, and walks back to him.

"Look!" She puts a bottle on the counter.

Kyun furrows his brows and eyes the bottle. "What is that?"

"It's peach schnapps!" she says, her voice shrieking with excitement. "It combines your two favorite things in this world: booze and peaches!"

The moment she saw this bottle, she had to buy it.

"Babygirl..." A huge smirk decorates his face as he leans closer. "No offense but this is disgusting!"