Part 31: Jealousy

Babes 🥹🖤

Don't forget to stream Overdrive!
I love love love you all so much! 🖤

~*~

Part 31: Jealousy

Kyun's gaze shoots down to Anya and a grin spreads across his face. "Speaking of jealousy!"

For a heartbeat she closes her eyes, tries everything to control her thoughts, her trembling body. He cannot know she despises this girl only because they share a demon! He cannot know how much she's fighting her instinct to see her as a threat. If she admits to that, she might as well confess to him.

"I'm not jealous!" she says, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. "I just didn't know you have a close relationship with another client and considering how long you were gone and how far we went it's only logical for me to assume you're fucking her!"

Kyun tilts his head and watches her closely as if he'd try to figure out what's going on inside her. Anya avoids his gaze, pretends to be focused on keeping up the dancing.

"We're not close!" he says eventually. "Look at me, babygirl!" When she refuses, his hand slips off her waist and grabs her chin, forcing her gaze up at him. "Usually, deals work the way it was with you! I seal it and ten years later I'll come and take the soul...or not in your case! But she turned out to be one of the fanatics that are looking for a connection to hell!"

Her jaw drops. She's what?

"Why would someone do that?"

The demon growls. "Cause the world is a sick place and has romanticized relationships with supernatural creatures so much that some people seem to forget what it really means!"

Wait. Hold up!

Do people like this exist? People read romantic books about supernatural creatures and humans and want to have that as well? Even if that means selling their damn soul?

"And she wants you to be what...?" Anya can't hide the disgust in her voice. "Her demon boyfriend?"

"I assume so..."

Okay, she takes back everything she thought she had in common with this girl. Because the fact that Kyun is a demon doesn't attract Anya, it actually scares the living shit out of her and is the reason she feels so damn miserable.

"So you are sleeping with her!" she muses. This girl seems to be even more desperate for him to fuck her than Anya is. And Kyun's lust is omnipresent. Why wouldn't he give her what she wants? If he's already satisfied, it would explain why he doesn't touch Anya.

She's never been so jealous before, she never cared! Again the singer is so furious at Magnus for planting all these thoughts in her head.

"Gosh, I'm not sleeping with her!" Kyun groans and she's a little surprised at how annoyed he sounds. "I'm not stupid!"

"Sorry!" She shrugs, no longer able to hide how much all of this bothers her. "I have no idea who you are and what you want."

Kyun stops and eyes her for a long moment. "You wanna hear what we have is special, don't you?" he asks in a low voice.

Something inside of her twinges with a yearning so keen it is close to pain—because of course she wants that. But at the same time she knows those words wouldn't be sincere. Magnus made that clear.

"Just don't say anything!" Sighing, she lets go of him. "I'm done being lied to. I wanna go home now."

She's just about to leave but jerks to a halt when he wraps his arm around her waist from behind.