Part 27: Firework 🔞

SCREAMING, IM SO EXCITED! This is one of my fave chapters in this entire book, not because of the smut but because of everything involved in this. Hope you'll like this too, babes! I love you 🖤

~*~

Part 27: Firework 🔞

Anya's very first instinct is to pull back and slap whoever dares steal her kiss like that—until she feels the sensational buzz of a certain venom on her tongue.

Kyun.

Fuck!

Her mind clouded with dopamine, she gives in to the kiss, lays her arms around Kyun's shoulders and pulls him closer to her lips.

She feels his palm on her cheek as his fingertips dig into her waist. His kisses are so tender, yet so powerful. When his tongue slips between her parted lips to play with hers, she can't help but sigh pleasantly.

The buzz of his venom spreads in her mouth and she once again feels as if her entire body is catching fire. With the kiss becoming more and more passionate by the second, he pulls her closer. His long, elegant fingers bury themselves in her hair. He bites into her lip while she clings to him to keep from just sinking to her knees.

With every touch of his tongue, with every move of his lips, the feeling of flying grows. She barely hears the people around her going back into party mode; all that matters to her is him and the way his kisses drive her insane. Her racing heart almost jumps out of her chest and this utter happiness spreads through her body as she lets her hand run over his cheek, through his long hair.

Her anger and frustration about the fight have completely vanished and she's so happy. She wanted to get kissed at midnight and deep inside she was yearning for him to be the one to kiss her.
And now he's actually kissing her!

Way too soon for her liking but way too late for what's generally appropriate in public, he ends the kiss and pecks her lips one last time.

"Happy New Year, babygirl!" he whispers.

Smiling, she opens her eyes—and comes crashing back to her senses.

How dare he kiss her like that? After what happened earlier. Again, anger spreads in her gut. The anger his venom made her forget about. The anger about the way he hurt her.

For a long moment, she looks at him, wide-eyed and almost dizzied by the gulf between how happy she was ten seconds ago and how pissed she is now.

"Don't ever do that again!" she hisses and walks out to the balcony, leaving him behind.

Taylor's balcony wraps around the entire penthouse. So it's easy for Anya to find a place to be on her own without being surrounded by partying or kissing people.

While staring at the fireworks of Los Angeles' night sky, she tries to process what just happened. Pensively, she lets her fingers glide over her lips. Just like after both kisses to seal the deals she can still taste him.
She wishes she could feel him kissing her again and at the same time, she wishes he'd never kissed her.

"Babygirl!" his voice calls behind her and Anya bites her lip to suppress her tears.

"Babygirl!" Kyun repeats and stands next to her. "Be mad at me, slap me, yell at me but don't give me the silent treatment. This makes me angry!"

Once again she hears desperation in his voice and again, she knows that she's probably only talking herself into hearing it, talking herself into thinking that he cares.