Part 47: Torture

TW: this chapter contains graphic depiction of violence, please only read this chapter if you're comfortable with this kind of content. 🥰
Love you, babes 🖤

Part 47: Torture

You're worth it!

These words echo in Kyun's head long after Anya spoke them, long after he toweled her dry, and long after he brought her to bed.

And as he watches her slowly drifting into sleep, exhausted from her tears, exhausted from what happened with Henry, his mind still can't comprehend.

How could she fall in love with him?

Not even his own mother was capable of loving him for what he is, for what he's become, and Anya has seen even more of his nature than his momma did. How could she see him, his bloodlust, the way he loses control, and still fall in love with him? How can she willingly destroy herself for love—again?

And how could he let this happen?

He knew her behavior wasn't normal. He sensed that she was getting too attached—not the least because she literally told him once or twice. But, like he so often did, he thought it was all about sex. All about lust. Because that's all he knows.

Just like he thought it was all about lust when she called his name while having sex with Jooheon. He won't lie, at first, it was a huge ego boost when he realized why he showed up in her room. But when he saw how devastated and heartbroken she was at hurting Jooheon...it hurt him too. Though not as much as the words "I hate you" hurt when they spilled from her lips. He wasn't aware that he could even feel that kind of pain...

While watching Anya laying on his chest, her shoulders moving with every calm breath, sheltered by the one she loves—hell knows why—he can't help but be glad that she's here. In his arms instead of someone else's.
Her urge to sleep with Henry again had worried him. Kyun didn't get why she'd wanted it so badly. He was scared that there were feelings hidden deep down inside of her, like a cancer that just wouldn't die out, feelings she'd never admit to...

He was angry and jealous. So jealous. When she asked him to leave, he obeyed but still watched her carefully. He needed every ounce of decency in his body not to rip Henry's heart out of his chest when his hands touched her body, when his lips kissed hers.
But when Kyun realized how much this triggered her, how much sleeping with Henry hurt her physically and mentally, he couldn't stay away.
He could feel how relieved she was when he came, how much she needed his touch. And the way her body felt underneath his hands, the way her skin tasted made him so damn weak.

He's addicted to her. In a way that's completely new to him.

Changkyun is confused. More confused than he's ever been in his whole damn life.
But he can't focus on himself now. Keeping Anya out of hell is his number one priority—and he's willing to destroy the entire underworld if necessary to keep her out of there.

Carefully, he lets his hand glide over the soft skin of her cheek.

"Good night, babygirl..." he whispers and she mumbles words he doesn't understand but make him chuckle.

When she turns to get into a comfier position, Kyun gets out of bed. He puts on his shoes and jacket, watches her for a long moment before he disappears.

There's something he has to do.

With a tilted head, Kyun studies the pathetic mess of a guy tied up and knocked out on a metal chair in front of him. The demon plans to make the time with him worthwhile and he doesn't want to get interrupted by people passing by. So he chose an abandoned shack in a park, not far away from the bar where he found this son of a bitch half an hour ago. But he's been unconscious for way too long now and Kyun isn't the most patient demon.