Chapter 86 - 86 - The Evening Of The Party

"We should find my granddaughter... this is the only way I can atone to my sins to my Nui.... bring Tian home to us, please...."' Murong Jia sobbed, hugging her husband.

Murong yang sighed loudly. "there have been no traces of that child anywhere....."'

"No no.. Shao saw her yesterday. Here.." With her trembling hands she picked up her phone and showed her husband the photo of a young girl in casual white t-shirt and baggy pants. "This is our grandchild I'm sure...."

"Honey....that girl is not our grandchild. It's not," Murong yang gently held her back, but his wife fought out of his hold.

"She is our granddaughter!! How can you say that!.."

Suddenly her hysteric facial expressions changed to calm one.

"I have so many things I prepared for my granddaughter. She really likes warm milk... I asked the maid to make some. I'll set the table for dinner. Can you go fetch my dear Tian Ai" she cheerfully hugged him. Her tears still were dripping down her cheeks, but her mood changed drastically.

"We will... we will..." Murong yang hugged her softly, but his eyes remained steel cold.

In the corner of the room, Murong Shao saw all this with a long sigh. 'I need to find her soon... to cure my grandmother...'

Right after his aunt Murong Nui eloped with her husband, things have been rough around the house. His grandma was devastated about this news and overnight she got sick...

A few years passed, and his grandmother's health still didn't improve. Because of the deep guilt she held for her grandchild, she completely lost sanity. Most nights she hysterically called out to her. She even cried and prepared food for her. Only thing she ever speaks about is her granddaughter Tian ai...

For a while, his grandpa handled it well, but he got fed up.

After a few years, he decided to search for her. But because of his earlier mistake of erasing her birth certificate, they could not find anything about her.

She completely vanished.

His grandmother's state became worse. She had to be sedated most of the days.

Some days she her mind was clear. Just like yesterday... but some days...

He closed the door after him softly and walked to his car. His secretary waited for him and opened the door.

"Did you find anything?"

"Yes... and no... we were only able to track her for a while. She easily slipped away,"

"Incompetent," Shao whispered, closing the door. "Find out where she is staying. I need to set up a meeting with this girl by tonight,"

"But sir... today it's your birthday..."

"I don't care. Just do as you are asked to."

Right after the car left the garage, he got a message from his grandpa. "Tonight, all my friends as well as your close business partners will attend. Don't be silly and miss it,"

He coolly glanced at it. 'Does my grandpa even care about finding aunt Nui's daughter?....'

Somehow his grandpa's attitude was very lax.. he did not seem to care about her at all. Not one bit.

It bothered him a lot.

But he brushed it aside to concentrate on the issue at hand. He glanced at the three photos on his lap. The girl in the photo was frowning slightly, glancing at her phone. 'How much misery did you experience in this life? It's all my family's fault. I will rectify it,'