Chapter 198 - 198 - Diagnosis

"Yue, I made your favourite fried tofu... wake up eat my dear," a soothing voice silently whispered. A warm cloth touched his forehead ever so softly, wiping away his cold sweat.

Simultaneously, he could feel a warm hand gently caressing his bandaged one. "wake up soon Yue...."

it was the warm callous hand of his father....

Yue could hear them all, but responding took a lot of effort. It felt like his whole body was hit by a bus. Every nook and corner ached badly.

He groaned softly, moving his fingers a bit.

"Ah, he moved.. Yue, can you hear me/" his father's gruff voice came right next to his ears.

Yue sighed, trying his best to open his tired eyes. The lids were heavy and weighted. He literally had to struggle a lot to open them up. Glancing to his side, he saw multiple blurry faces looking at him nervously.

"Mom.... dad...."

"Yes baby, yes we are here," his mum happily kissing his forehead. "Do you want some water, baby?"

Yue nodded. His throat felt it was torn up by sandpaper. It felt scratchy, and it ached to even breathe out loud.

"Here," small spoon full water entered his mouth.

The cold water chilled his throat entirely bringing some relief to his pain.

His mum calmly fed him until he felt content.

Yue's eyes cleared up by then. He glanced around everyone was here. Tian was sitting on the bottom of his bed with a wide smirk.

"Awake princess?"

"Hmm..." Yue reached out a hand to her. "Fan?...."

"He is in the next room." She whispered back.

"he..."

"Fan is okay. He woke up yesterday and even came to meet you. He refused to leave your bedside and literally had to be dragged away by Qian," his mum said, wiping his forehead with a wet cloth. "He is most likely sleeping..."

Yue sat up, leaning his hand on the bed. His back was stiff and frozen from not moving much. "How many days was I unconscious?"

"Three, it was chemically induced sleep." Juda gestured for everyone to give her space while she was changing Yue's saline drip. "You kept crying for Fan Xui." She slightly pinched his nose.

Yue crinkled his nose. "Yeah...I'm worried.... he looked really sick and the electricity... it was out of control."

A small pain arose in his heart. It was entirely his fault that Fan Xui was in the hospital. 'if only I had waited a bit and calmed down before having the talk.'

That was his problem. When he was super stressed or nervous, he usually will end up breaking down and crying.

'I was crying for him to return my Fan Xui. How stupid was i!'

He should have been the first person to understand Fan Xui's situation, after all, he too had an out-of-the-world experience.

But when Fan Xui explained his anomaly his heart was not ready to accept it. Knowing that the original Fan Xui was gone made his heartache slightly even now.

'no... there must be something else going on.... there has to be some other explanation... because the one who called himself a stranger, felt very very similar to Fan Xui but had different mannerisms and speech patterns. Is it possible for a person to have such varied personalities?'

'He said he was Fan Xui... but he was also from another world that was similar to this...maybe he is like me.. Maybe he comes from another time line....,'