Chapter 109 - 109 - The Campus Security

Zou Yue sat up with an energetic smile. "Thank you so much for that enlightening message." He got up and started to pull his bags over his shoulders.

"Um where are you going?" the blond girl leaned down and looked at him curiously.

"I'm leaving to g city to find my family. I don't think I have time to waste," he mumbled, tightening the straps of his backpack.

The blond girl cleared her throat. "I don't think you might be able to leave today,"

Yue passed. "Why?"

"Today was scavenger run, so the gates will be filled with those things. You might have to wait until they are cleared,"

Zou Yue frowned slightly. "It's okay, I can fend them off,"

"oh, easy said than done. Those things are not that easy to fight when they come at you in a group," the other kind awkwardly whispered, dwindling with her thumb.

Yue did not answer much after that. 'I have to leave here as soon as possible. Because I need to know... if my family survived or not,'

Besides, Staying here was never a long-term plan.

He walked out of the girl's dorm towards the gates. As the college gate it was fully barricaded with a huge truck and other miscellaneous articles like chair and other stuff. He slowly walked around the campus. This place had a seven-feet wall. This was the reason that the zombies could not enter that easily.

A few groups of students as a part of the vigilance team went around the walls, checking for any rogue zombies.

They all noticed him and just nodded his way.

Yue did not react much to them.

He just glanced at the walls. 'It's too high, I won't be able to check the zombie activities. I need a higher vantage point.'

His eyes directly went towards the huge towering building to his right.

This whole place was shaped like a huge circle; with the centre building as the nucleus and the other faculty buildings surrounded it.

This was also the tallest building, having roughly four floors.

'Wonder what that place is?'

Without any hesitation, Yue walked towards the building. The inside of this place was shaped like a dome with beautiful glass fixtures at the top. It cast colourful shadows whenever the sun hit the ceiling.

Yue held his hands out. in the ray of sunlight, the beautiful colours of the glass work reflected on his delicate looking palm.

'This really is a magical place,' he glanced up. Right at the centre of the dome, there was a weird shadow. It was small. 'Might be a bird or something,'

A huge winding corkscrew like stairwell ran from the centre to the top of the dome.

He noticed a small plaque in the corner that was covered in dust. Cleaning it up snd read its contents. 'This place was an old church but later it was re-modified huh....'

There were only a few chairs, music equipment and other things stored here.

His feet led him over to a small area with a raised floor.

This place was most likely an old chapel. But now it had been renovated into a storage area for things that were not needed.

'Such a beautiful space. But beauty doesn't serve a purpose in this harsh world anymore..'

He started to climb up the stairwell. On the second floor, he noticed few men working on barricading the glass windows.

They all looked his way with a peculiar glance, but he did not bother with them.