Chapter 134 - 134 - Reunion

Even when the world ended, some things were still as usual. Be it the sun that rises and falls every day, the small birds that chirped happily in the morning sunlight, mildew that covered the plants...t

Some things were always the same.

'But our house had changed a lot since my son left,'

Zou Wei thought as he peered at his garden. It has been only ten days since New and fresh lettuces were growing out of the stalks they had planted.

The floutingly green leaves bloomed out one by one.

He gently caressed the leaves. As if being stroked by the hand of god, the lettuce grew so rapidly that it was a fully grown plant ready to harvest.

Zou Wei plucked the outer leaves of the plant, leaving the centre blooming leaves to grow.

He then went and touched the smaller tomato sapling. Just like before, the sapling grew right in front of his eyes bearing beautiful cherry red tomatoes.

He plucked them and placed them in a small wicker basket.

Little quails ran after his feet, eating the worms and leaved.

"Go eat your fed," he shooed them away.

The group ran away.

But one of the baby quails happily followed him around, chirping ever so softly.

Zou Wei sighed loudly. He picked up the delicate little creature in his palm and kissed it. The chick rolled up in a ball and closed its eyes. "Yue used to be like that too. Like a baby quail, he used to follow me around when he was a just two,"

"Mister Zou, breakfast is ready. Why don't you come join us?"

"Nui likes salads. I thought I would make some." he squatted down and touched the small cucumber plant. Its vines grew fast and a fat juicy cucumber grew out of its beautiful yellow flowers.

"Wow, I never get tired of seeing that," Hary sat down on the dirt and helped harvest the newly grown cucumber.

"I never get tired of seeing that as well," Zou Wei pointed to Hary's prosthetic leg. But it was made completely out of metal. It shone in the morning sunlight.

"You like it? I made it look full of muscles," he whispered, showing off his new creation.

"Kid made it weigh less. Making it flashy like this is not of use,"

"Hey it can be useful, watch," he stood up and lifted his metal leg. It simply shifted into a sharp katana. "With a kick I can cut anything in my path,"

Zou Wei just knocked on his leg.

The young man toppled. "That is if you can keep your balance."

"Ouch, mister Zou, you are so mean,"

"I am being a realist. Practice how to stand on one leg or try to manipulate metal with your hands."

Hary pouted with his hands on his cheek. "It's too hard." He touched his metal leg. Some of the metal melted away like a little dew drop in his hand. "See, I can only control this much,"

"Try try until you can be better," Wei mumbled, placing another squash in his basket. "Let's go now."

"Wait for me," Hary stood up, dropping the small sphere metal ball. It fused into his prosthetic leg naturally.

Zou Wei entered the kitchen where his wife was arranging the dishes.

"I'll make the salad."

"Darling..." Nui gave him a tired smile.