Chapter 159 - 159 - Vague Conclusions

"That's our signal! Yue, come close..." Hary shouted as he was fending off two zombies that were super persistent.

Hearing this, Fan Xui frowned deeply. 'What is this attack going to be?'

He felt a strange heat behind him. The feeling he was all too familiar with.

He glanced back in shock as blue flames surged thought the corridor burning everything it touched.

"shit," he jumped down off his back and pulled Yue closer to his chest. He yanked him down low to the ground, keeping his back to ththroughe flames.

"Brace yourself!" Hary shouted, glancing back. "Oh, you guys are down,"

He swiftly squatted down in front of them. His metal skeletal leg melted completely off, forming a huge blanket over them.

Fan Xui looked around curiously. 'Metal skin..... it's a very intriguing ability,' He pinched the metal slightly. It felt much like soft silk.

The flame blasted over their shield, making the silky layer trembled slightly. Even so, it did not melt nor get blown away from the power of the blast.

A hand swatted his hands away. "Keep your hands to yourself," Hary growled, holding the blanket over them carefully.

'Weird... if this metal is a part of their body, can they feel anything from it,'

He looked intently at the blond-haired man. He seemed to be gritting his teeth silently.

'He does look like he is in pain..'

"What are you looking at?"

Fan Xui wordlessly turned away and faced the younger man in his arms. He had his eyes closed tight, clinging to his shirt.

"It's okay..." he gently kissed his forehead.

Yue looked up, blushing red.

"I won't let anything happen to you,"

"hey," Hary poked his back with his elbow. "Touch him again and I will throw you out. Got it,"

Fan Xui did not even bother looking back. He simply caressed Yue's hair away from his face.

Yue blinked up at him. "I'm not scared."

The blue flame that was burning intensely went out all of a sudden.

Hary pulled back the blanket.

Fan Xui glanced around. Just as he had imagined, the whole place was burned to a crisp. The unique thing was that this flame does not speed that much. It will burn anything that touches and once the target is fully burned, it goes out.

The whole corridor was completely charred, with few human bones here and there. But most of the zombies had turned into ashes.

Hary stood up, hobbling on one leg. "We are here!" he shouted.

"She will be here," Hary whispered, assembling all the metal onto his amputated leg forming it into a working metallic leg. "Let's wait somewhere safe."

Yue sat up, glancing down at him with an unknown look on his face.

Fan Xui gently held his trembling hands. "We really need to have our talk," he whispered ever so softly.

Yue nodded with a serious look.

Right then, a loud thudding footstep came towards them.

Fan Xui vigilantly looked back.

His body instantly stiffened up.

A young girl ran towards them with a knife in hand. Her face completely looked similar to Yue's except maybe her eyes. They were sharp and upturned, making her face more serious looking.