Chapter 122 - 122 - Supermarket And The Chip Bag

"The apartment is clear now," Tian Ai silently whispered.

"Awesome." Yue pulled over his bag and tightened it. The gun bag was still hanging on his front. He walked up to his sister with a bright smile. "We found rice,"

"Good." Without any other word, she moved to the front door.

Yue followed behind her like a loyal puppy. But there was no sound of footsteps behind him. He glanced back with a small frown.

Juda was standing by the kitchen counter with a weird look on her face.

'There is nothing on the counter. What is she looking at?'

Lui had her mouth wide open.

"What's wrong? Did you get hurt?" he worriedly glanced at Juda's fingers. They were perfectly trimmed but there was no cut on it.

"N—nothing.. Shall we get going?"

"Hmm..."

It was weird how she did not answer him. Even weirder was that she kept strangely peered at her open palm and fingertips. 'Something happened... sigh she will tell us when she wants to,'

Lui pulled Juda out and they entered the apartment opposite them. This place's layout was similar to the one they came through but the décor here was simple, dark walls with grey contrasting furnitures.

The rotting stench hit them right as they entered.

Yue flinched back slightly.

A corpse laid on the grey sofa with its legs at an odd angle. There was a small puncture wound on the man's forehead. Black blood was dripped down from it.

Tian Ai suddenly moved up front and close to him. "Careful. I have a weird feeling that someone or something is watching us,"

Yue glanced at her with a deep frown. "You did not find anyone else?"

"No, just that one...."

"Let's not stay here any longer..." he urged the two to move on towards the French windows on the other side. It opened to a spacious balcony that was very close by to the nearby building.

Tian first jumped over and checked the terrace. After she okayed it, Lui and Juda climbed over.

Yue stayed back them keeping a keen watch.

"Come over, I'll cover your back," Tian stood by the balcony with her gun ready at hand.

Zou Yue climbed the railing of the balcony and was about to climb on the wall.

'Why are houses built like this? It's not safe at all, ah. Any burglar could easily come into this house.' he thought to himself as he was climbing in the wall.

All of a sudden the small hair on the back of his neck stands up.

"Yue! Behind you!" Tian shouted.

He glanced back swiftly. Something small and dark dashed at him at high speed. He was only able to make out its shadow.

Yue and Tian shot at it. But that little thing evaded their combined attack.

The small shadow attacked once again, successfully knocked out his gun. Yue was left without a weapon.

It bounced on the wall and swished at him.

He swiftly dodged to the side, but it caught a hold of his bag strap and clung to him.

Yue panicked. He blindly struggled to get it off.

"shit!" Tian was not able to get a clear shot because it was too close to his body. "Use your knife, darn it!"