Chapter 114 - 114 - Incognito

The sun was on its horizon, creating a warm golden glow over the now empty city, City that was infested with flesh-eating, blood thirsty zombies.

Tian hid under a car tracking the trace mars left behind by that bike. She not only had to be careful of those zombies, but also had to be silent as she observed the clues left behind.

A few drops of blood and tire marks were all she got.

The clues were not much to begin with, plus the zombies in the way kept trampling on the tire marks.

By the evening, she had reached her destination.

With a short gun cocked on her shoulders. She glanced at through the scope. The place where Yue was abducted to was a college building. Huge walls surrounded this place, making it almost impossible to look in.

Sighing, she looked her gun strap over her shoulders and picked up her bags as silently as possible.

She ran to another empty alleyway that had only a narrow gap in-between. It had only a small gap that a bike can ride through.

Placing both hands and legs on each slide, she hosted up to a height where she had full view of that place.

She moved a bit in a way her back and legs were fully sporting her weight, leaving her hands free.

Tian Ai pulled back her gun up front and took an aim.

'This place has so many peoples..' was her first though.

The surviving humans either was killed brutally on the run or some of them hid in their homes. She had never seen such a huge number of humans.

Every building had at least a few hundred humans moving about.

'Looks like I might have to infiltrate it incognito...'

She climbed up to the rooftop. The building had a roofed ceiling, so there was no access to it from below. She sat back down, observing the college.

The sun went down and the daunting night came out, bringing random scream of pain and desperate pleas of help.

Tian closed her eyes tightly. 'They better not have done something to him...' her anger spiked so much.

Suddenly, a small blue spark appeared out of nowhere. The bottom of her coat caught on fire and started to burn.

Tian Ai swiftly put it out. 'Someone crept up behind me!'

She glanced around vigilantly. There were no human or zombies that were close enough to attack her.

'What was that?' she glanced down at her charred jeans. 'How did I just catch fire?'

'Everything has been weird...' she munched on an energy bar as she peered at the campus.

The final lights of the evening went away, shrouding her in total darkness.

Tian ai stood up, wiping her sticky hands. "Now the work begins," she shouldered her bag and climbed down.

The zombies seemed much more ferocious during nights than in the day. Maybe because at night, even the slightest sound and light were amplified.

Tian crept past a few of those critters.

She approached the campus slowly but surely, hiding her presence completely.

The zombie hoard was much more concentrated close to the walls. They were all clawing at the walls, trying you climb up.

'Zombie step ladder, how easy.' She tightened her bags and stepped back a bit. 'Here we go!'