Chapter 164 - 164 - Confession

Yue landed on the elevator roof as gently as he could. Even so, the elevator bobbed up and down unsteadily.

Tian jumped down like a silent cat and got down on her knees, observing the small vent in the middle. "This vent is too small. I'll melt the roof. But the whole elevator could become unstable."

"Try melting the corner." Hary also sat down to examine the surface.

Yue stood away not to disrupt their work. He gently juggled Qian, who was grabbing onto his neck tight. "Please don't squeeze,"

"D-do," Qian Wen tightened up even more. "Do you not hear that?"

"Hear what?" Yue keenly listened. A soft humming noise came from somewhere in this elevator shaft. It felt soothing to his soul. His eyes started to twitch involuntarily.

"All of you close your ears!" Fan's shout became a distant echo in his ears.

Yue dazedly placed his hands over his ear. Soon, his mind started to clear up. "What was that?"

"A level one mind control zombie." Fan Xui whispered, gesturing for Qian to cup his ears as well.

Qian Wen seemed more in daze than they were. He climbed down from his back and wobbled down to the floor. He crumbled to the ground and started to twitch weirdly.

"What's happening to him?"

"It's the sound. It's taking control." Fan tore his shirt and shoved pieces of it in his, Qian's and Yue's ears. "Tell your friend to shield our ears with his metal,"

The soft hum started to become a ringing loud noise. His head started to pounding. It was as if a needle was piercing into his head.

"aghhh...." Groaning, Yue glanced back. Even Tian and Hary were on the ground, twitching violently.

"Shit," he first ran to Hary and cupped his ears tightly. "Snap... out of it,"

The sound became so loud that he could not even hold steady any longer. "Come on. Snap out of it....."

Hary froze.

"Hary, I need you to use your metal to shield our ears," Yue whispered.

Hary instantly pulled him over his lap and covered his ears with his palm.

The ringing sounds stopped.

Yue softly panted, holdings his head.

Harry swiftly rushed to the other the two behind and shielded their ears. He glanced back. Tian stood there stiffly. "Tian, close your ears,"

She was unmoving.

"Stay back...." Fan warned softly.

Yue frowned deeply. "Hary, can you use your metal from here?"

Hary nodded. A part of his metallic leg melted off and the mercury like substance rolled closer to her.

Tian simply kicked it away. Her whole body started to burn. Red and blue flames sparked out of her hands as she stepped closer.

"Or she can do that? What's going on?" he stepped closer.

A dagger tabbed right towards his heart.

Yue grabbed him by the back and dragged him away. "It's hypnosis,"

Tian growled softly and tossed a flame ball their way.

Hary swiftly shifted his metal into a blanket and covered them.

Fan Xui squatted low, with Qian to his back. "Yue, take care of Qian," he crawled close and lifted the blanket up a bit. He simply kicked Tian's legs.

"Gently!" Yue shouted.