Chapter 162 - 162 - The Bigger Liar

Yue removed his coat, rolled it up into a cylinder and placed it under Qian's head.

Qian Wen's eyes were tightly closed. The black circles under his eyes were so dark that he looked like a tired panda. His hair was sticky, obviously from not being washed for so many days.

"I don't think he slept much,"

"That's how he is. When he is immersed in work, he forgets everything. But this time.... I think he is riddled with guilt." Fan Xui took the hazmat from nearby and placed t over his body. At least that could keep him comfortable.

"His friend died because of the darn meteor. There is no need for him to be guilty," Hary whispered, tossing the ID card over to Fan.

Fan Xui did not reply. rather he glanced at the zombie who was growling at them with a passion.

The young assistant was only twenty years old. Younger than him by five years. It was sad that such a bright young man passed away.

"It's not his fault," Yue gently patted his arm with a comforting smile.

Fan Xui nodded, but inside he knew that his friend was also one of the main reasons why the world plunged into apocalypse. He was just a part of it. The main culprit was the greed. The government wanted more, and they wanted it all to themselves.

A small miscalculation and the whole thing crashed down in every single part of the world, ending half of the world's population instantly.

"Let's get going before sunset,"

"It's not possible. We might have to take a day rest. Looking at this situation, we won't be able to lug your friend as well as you around. We are low on bullets," Tian sat in a corner getting comfortable. "until you and your friend are able to walk on your own, we are staying here,"

Fan Xui slightly frowned. It did seem like a good idea because the whole building was on lockdown. The zombies were stuck in.

The only downside was all the zombies in here were ability zombies. If even one of them had strength ability of metal ability, they would break out.

"What if the zombies by the sky bridge flood in? We won't be able to do anything then," Yue added.

Tian sighed. "Here is to me hopping that darn shutter can hold them out."

"Even if they flood in they will not be able to find our hiding spot," Fan assured him.

Tian and Hary cringed. "About that. They will run to this floor as soon as they can."

"Why?" Yue glanced at them both. But they just winced and silently looked at each other. "Is something wrong?"

"N-no.. nothing is wrong. Your sister here is very tired after that power display. Why don't we rest here for three, no, five days," he smilingly suggested.

Yue nodded. "It's okay with me. I will get you something to eat. You need to replenish your energy and.... do you guys see any restroom here? We need water,"

"There's a water dispenser by the pantry," Fan Xui gestured to the other corner of the room.

Yue glared at him silently and walked away.

"Hey weren't you supposed to be blind?" Hary raised a brow.

Fan Xui did not bother to reply to any of his taunts. He simply sat next to Qian Wen, frowning.

'If it was the beginning of the apocalypse, then how am I able to see?'

In his last life, he suffered a lot trying to survive without any sight. After the apocalypse, his orderly world fell apart. Nothing made sense. He panicked a little.