Chapter 173 - 173 - Bullied

"Where's dad?" Yue anxiously looked behind her.

"Your dad... sigh... he is keeping himself busy. You'll see." She led them over to the secondary attached bedroom door and opened it wide.

Inside, his father and the two women sat on the bed nervously looking at something on the sheet.

"I won! I fucking won again! Booya!"' Lui suddenly jumped up high, tossing the card in her hand. "pay up!"

Juda pouted. "How come you win every single time? This has to be rigged." She placed two strawberries on her palm.

"I feel the same.." his father whispered, handing her two peaches. "Next game I will win for sure,"

"Not a chance, I'm going to win over all these fruits," Lui proclaimed proudly, pointing to the fruit basket in front of both of them.

Watching this cheerful scene, Yue felt his heart warm up. "Dad has been keeping himself busy, huh?"

"Busy losing every day. I have to admit your father was never good at card games." His mum whispered, walking in.

They did not even notice their arrival busy shuffling the cards.

"ah hum!" mum cleared her throat loudly. "Yue is back,"

The three glanced up, eyes wide.

"Yue!" the girls rushed to him and hugged him tightly. "Thank god you are back.."

Juda moved back a bit, closing her nose. "You kinda stink,"

"you meanie," Yue pouted, glancing at his clothes. The chemical somehow stained his clothes a bit, so the stench clung to him. "It's a chemical to mask our scent. This saved our lives, mind you,"

"Oh, then get me some. I might need it," she giggled softly. Subtly her eyes went behind, looking at Tian, who was still in her hazmat suit. "How have you been?"

Tian awkwardly nodded. "Where is the restroom?"

"To your left..."

Without a word, Tian bolted out of there.

"She is still being skittish...." Juda mumbled, sighing loudly.

"Girls, let the old man hug his son, will you.." Zou Wei came up front with a brilliant smile.

"Dad~" Yue clung to him tightly. "I missed you so much..."

"I missed you too, kid. How was the ousted world?"

"Complete shit..."

He pulled back from the hug with a deep glare. "Language kid."

"Fine, it was nasty out there. I don't think I'm going out there any time soon," Yue mumbled softly.

This time, their survival was a stroke of luck. They might not get this chance again. he did not want to risk that again without finessing his attacks and defence.

"so... what have you guys been doing?"

His father gently held his shoulders and led him. "Well, your mother has been obsessing over cleaning this room... me.. I have been keeping myself busy."

Yue picked up the cards spread out on the floor. "You suck at it, don't you,"

"I'm doing great!" he strongly objected.

Yue, Lui, and Juda helped collect all the cards and arrange them in a pile.

"I wanted to know. How was the situation in the barracks and in the villa?" Yue suddenly whispered.