Chapter 138 - 138 - Rescue Team Part 2

As they walked into the huge garden area of the villa, Yue looked around in shock. The garden that was once lush with plants and greens was barren. "Did you harvest everything?"

"Hmm... I feared the second wave of the virus outbreak. It's just a cautionary move, but in the future we will grow everything back. Half of the harvest has been preserved while the half has been donated to the settlements to give as rations," uncle Wen whispered as he walked up front.

Zou Yue looked at him, completely revered by his kindness. "Without you, I don't know how this settlement is going to survive,"

Uncle Wen glanced back with a weird look on his face. It was half sad plus half happy at his compliment. "I don't know..... I am just an old man. I can't eat every vegetable and fruits in here by myself. I can't bear to watch them rot away. It's better to give them away to ones who need it,"

Yue smiled. "You are right...."

In his last life, uncle Wen's garden was the main source of food for many inhabitants. After a few years, there was a variant variety of wheat that grew fast and strong was genetically created by Qian Wen. It was grown and made into bread that many can afford to.

But sadly, he was not in a state that he can even afford it on most days.

'The day I got so many bread loafs was given by her,' he glanced at his sister.

Tian Ai gave him a task to gather information on Fan Xui and gave him five loaves of bread.

Sadly, he did not get the chance to eat it before he died.

'I hope la Trexa ate her fill...'

Thinking about the cute rat, he could not help but feel slightly sad. Without him, she must have been very lonely and hungry.

'My poor baby, I hope you ate and lived well without me....'

Someone suddenly tugged at the bottom of his shirt.

Yue glanced to his right. Tian just gave him a weird glance asking if anything was wrong.

He just shook his head.

"Who are these young girls?" uncle Wen whispered as he was slowly walking down the cobble stone path.

"This is Lui, Juda and.....last but not the least, this is Tian Ai," he gestured to his sister with a small smile.

Tian just nodded his way.

Uncle Wen peered at her with a nod. "You look so much like little Yue... We searched for you for so many years, but our little Yue luckily found you. Welcome to the family young one."

Tian glanced at Yue with a strange look. "How long...." she hesitantly whispered. "How long did you search for?"

"Years..... Right after your mum got married to that stupid Zou. She has been desperately searching for you as well. I'm happy you are found," but his eyes held a weird glint as he looked her way. "How did you stay hidden for so long,"

Tian did not answer rather, she just challengingly looked his way. "I have my own secrets. I hope you don't prod,"

"Very well then," Wen smirked. "You are so much like your old man...."

Yue froze for a second. "Uncle, you know Tian's biological father?"

Uncle Wen did not react much. He just nodded. "Let's just say that he is out of the picture. Zou Wei is her father, and that's the end of it,"

Yue worriedly looked at her.

Tian just nodded. "Good to know. At least I have two parents who waited for me,"