Chapter 189 - 189 - Vines

Fan Xui walked him over to his house and stopped a little over a street away.

"Aren't you coming this way? You remember your house is this way, right?" Yue playfully tugged at his hands.

"I know.... but I'm slightly worried about Qian. He did not look that good. I'll go check on him." he gently squeezed his hands and let go.

Yue was reluctant to part with him, but he too was worried about Qian. "Maybe I should come with you... I haven't met Peng Peng for a while,"

"oh..." Fan Xui swiftly took his hand. "Okay then. Let's go right ahead..." as they were walking away, the ground started to tremble violently.

Yue glanced around in shock. The tremors were coming from the direction of his house. "oh fuck.. no....." his heart started to pound faster.

He dashed there. The door had small dents on it. Even the lock was pried open. He drew his sword and ran into his house without hesitation.

The vines of the ground slithered like a snake grabbing a caught hold of his legs. He cut them, but the vines were as hard as steel. By the corner, his dad was squatting down, holding Blackie in hand. "dad! Wha..where's mum?.."

"Yue.. Yue go out! Run!" his dad shouted, with tears streaming down his face. "the plants... they are killing them. Don't touch them. Run!"

Yue glanced at the vines that were wiggling around. After his father shouted at him, the vines stopped moving closer, leaving a path for him and fan Xui.

"Calm down dad... calm down..." suddenly his eyes spotted a red spot on the floor.

His pupils trembled, gazing at the blood pooling down his father's lap. "no..." he ran to him and checked on him. "Where ... ah, where are you bleeding from? Dad.., dad..."

His dad started sobbing loudly. "It's not me... it's not me.." he delicately lifted Blackie onto his lap. Her stomach was bleeding profusely. "They shot her.... Yue.. I'm so sorry..."

"shh... shh it's.. It's going to be okay... where.. Where's Trexa and, mum..... where is mum.."

"Mum is in there.. Trexa.. I don't know. They flung her off. Yue.. Yue..." he gripped his hand tightly. "I'm scared..."

"It's okay. It's okay... I'm here now. I'll take care of everything... shh... don't cry..." Yue hugged him close, gently patting his back. In hindsight, he noted three pod-like structures wiggling, hanging from the ceiling. The thick vines were aggressively squeezing them tight.

Muffled screams came from them.

'They must be the intruders.... fuck... I let down my guard...'

Fan Xui walked up to them. Silently he gestured for him to hide his father's eyes.

Yue nodded and hugged him close, placing a hand over his eyes. "everything is going to be okay.. It's all going to be okay,"

After a few small stabbing sounds, the muffled cries became silent.

Fan Xui walked close, stepping on the bloody pool on the ground. "Are you okay, mister Zou? Can you get up? Did they hit you somewhere? Do you feel any pain in your body parts?"

His dad shook his head no.

He gently pulled him up and sat him down on the sofa that was pushed up next to the kitchen counter.

"They ... they did not do anything...not to me....." his dad mumbled, glancing at Blackie. "Will she survive?"

"I will see what I can do. Fan, can you go check on my mum? She is in the room. and please take my dad with you. I'll clean up things in here," Yue whispered, gathering Blackie in his arms. a small figure jumped and clung to his pant legs.