Chapter 150 - 150 - The Past And The Cure

Loud siren echoed in his head, bringing about a painful headache. He snapped his heavy lids open. They seemed heavy and were closing on its own.

Fan Xui took all his effort just to open them wide.

Something tight constricted his face and was not allowing him to breathe properly.

Fan Xui looked down over his nose to see a gas mask.

'Oxygen mask..it is not of help,' he swiftly shook his head, loosening the straps a bit. Then he just turned his head and rubbed his face on the pillow until the mask fell sideways.

Only after which did he vigilantly look around.

The room was intricately decorated with beautiful paintings and few vases. There was a waiting room for the patient's family attached to the entryway.

But none of that beauty could mask the smell of the hospital.

Fan Xui groaned loudly. 'A VIP room during an apocalypse. Seriously, it must be that Qian's idea.'

It was reasonable he suspected his friend. That man child made him drove around a Porche during an apocalypse. To be honest, that car was never that comfortable to drive on the jammed road.

'God, I need to have a talk with that man child,'

The loud siren disrupted his thoughts.

'ah... stop that....someone stop that sound....' Fan Xui groaned loudly. 'Zombies will come..... just stop it.'

Even though they were n the settlement, it was risky. A loud sound like this can attract a zombie hoard.

A few thousands? they can handle, but the settlement walls and even the military would not be able to take out a few hundred thousand zombies.

'Darn it... I have to get up and deal with it. Didn't I order all the fire alarms to be disabled? Who the fuck....' he moved his arms, but they don't seem to listen to his command.

'I can barely move my fingers...why?'

That annoying siren was not of help. It made his headache even worse than it was before.

'Goodness, someone stop that sound. Qian! go to it,'

Suddenly he remembered the reality.

Qian was no more....

He saw his dear friend being burned to death right in front of his eyes. Even if he closed his eyes, he could not get that petrifying sight out of his head or the sight of his skin being burned away.

'Shit.... Qian is dead..... How did I survive? I was too close to the flames,'

Back then, even his body was in flames. He froze the entire room, and their bodies but that girl's flames were too powerful.

'Blue... they were blue... even my powerful ice attack could not cull it,' he silently gritted his teeth. 'if only.... if only I was powerful... if only I was careful....'

Fan Xui growled loudly. 'It's all because of that girl.....'

He could remember the day vividly in his memory.

****That day before Qian finally found the cure, there had been rumours going around in the campus about it. At first, he did not believe it.

He ran to Qian's lab to confirm it. And to his surprise, there was a cure being synthesised right in front of his eyes.

"It will take fifteen minutes.. Fifteen minutes and we can save the entire humanity..." Qian said while crying hideously. "It is my payback to this world for all my sins. If only we scientists were not researching about that virus... if only..."