2

I slowly feel my eyes start to flutter shut, the hard ground had made itself my bed for the time being. The thunder crackling throughout the woods and the rain knocking on the rooftop was the most soothing sound I've heard in awhile. I feel a presence behind me, then warmth engulfs my body. The person has laid down beside me, well that person being Carl.

"You asleep?" he whispers. I slowly turn my body towards him staring at his god-like features each time the lightening struck to give me light. I say nothing as I stare at him, taking in every last second I could. "I never could sleep when it rained. Call me a pussy, but it's fucking terrifying." he says as a shutter rocks throughout his body. I giggle quietly to myself earning a smile from him.

"You think that's funny huh?" I cover my face with my hands and began laughing a bit louder while nodding my head, "Well do you find this funny?" he hands immediately attack my sides his fingernails gently scrapping my skin. I began to kick and slap his arms off and laughter takes over my being.

"C-Carl! Stop please!" I manage to choke out, I grab his arms swiftly and try to catch my breath. Our eyes lock and everything is once silent again, nothing around us exists in this moment, just us two. I notice his eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips and then back to my eyes. My stomach is twisted in knots right now, I feel like throwing up.

He slowly leans his head in, and I also follow his lead before a loud bang interrupts us making us jolt up with our hands on our guns. We look over and notice the group slamming the doors of the barn shut with all their might, we both run towards them and help them as well. The mud making it hard to stay upright, my worn out converse began to turn from white and black to straight shit brown.

I turn my back and press it against the doors using my heels to dig into the ground to hold me in place. I stare up at Carl as he scrunches his face up, every muscle in his body flexes outward in attempt to hold the doors tightly shut. I turn around a bit to peer out a hole. Holy fuck. There must be hundreds of walkers trying to push through these doors, if not more. I turn my head back around and close my eyes as the wooden doors continue to scrap my back leaving tiny splinters here and there. This is going to be a long night.

(Time to skip to morning)

I awake to the sun beaming through the holes in the roof and walls, I began to stretch my arms and legs when I feel some type of weight on my side. I look down and notice a pale arm draping across me. Is Carl Grimes snuggling me? This has to be a dream. Wake up Sarah. Wake up.

I rub my eyes a few times before realizing I wasn't dreaming. I gently grab his wrist and began to pull his arm off of me, his arm suddenly comes alive and jerks back down around my waist.

"Just a few more minutes please." he groggily says, his morning voice sending a shiver down my spine as he pulls my body closer to his. He snuggles his nose and mouth into my neck and begins to breath warm air down my neck. Goosebumps take over my body as his chest rises and falls against my back, I lay stiff as a board for what seemed like forever before I heard tiny snores erupting from his mouth.

Once again I lift his arm off me, this time successfully. I dust myself off before walking towards the doors, I peer out the hole once more and look for signs of anything dangerous. The bright sun burning right through my restless eye. I quietly open one of the doors and step out, letting my eyes adjust to the bright lights around me and letting my vision clear up.

Must've been one hell of a storm, how did the barn survive this? Walkers were strung out everywhere some in trees, others in power lines, and some just crawling around with half their body. I notice footprints leading off to the side, I try to recall who was in the barn when I woke up. I began to follow them and see Maggie and Sasha together sitting on a broken tree, Maggie has a little box in her hand fiddling with it.

I step on a stick and the sound makes them pull their guns out on me. I quickly raise my hands, "It's just me don't shoot." I chuckle out as I make my way towards them. They shake their heads before sitting down and leaving a space between them for me. We all watch the sunrise, I look at them both not realizing how much they've both lost recently. They are the strongest people I know.

I'm drawn out of my thoughts when a leave crunches, we all three draw our weapons and stand up. A man with curly light colored hair stands in front of us, he raises his hands and gives us a smile, "Hi um. I'm Aaron. I would like to speak to Rick."

We all look at each other before I speak up, "How do you know who Rick is? Have you been following us?"

"If I say yes are you going to shoot me?" He gives a tiny laugh to his joke. I point my gun directly between his eyes.

"Wanna find out?"

(Time skip)

The four of us make our way back to the barn to the group. Aaron had explained everything to us and showed us pictures of his so called home. I hate to say this, but I actually trust him.

"Hey, sorry about threatening to shoot you back there." I give a small smile towards him, he smiles back and shrugs his shoulders.

"Don't worry about it, you had every right to. I know stalking you guys sounds crazy, but I really just want to help." I nod and open the doors I step inside and am immediately swept off my feet, Carl then sets me down and touches my face.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt." I raise an eyebrow, he has never acted like this towards me.

"Yes I'm fine. Are you okay?" I question, he scratches the back of his neck before nodding. His eyes adverts behind my straight at Aaron.

"Who the hell is that?" His voice is mixed with curiosity and a hint of anger. Aaron steps forward, and gives out a small hello to everyone. Carl grabs my arm and pulls me beside him, his hand on his holster.

"Hi everyone, I'm Aaron. I want to take you guys to Alexandria. My home. Or what could be our home."