15

I jerk awake from my sleep, and lean up quickly. Carl immediately wakes up as well, his eyes glued to me.

"Are you okay?" I take a deep breath and nod.

"Yeah I just had a shitty dream, that Noah died." He lays his hand on my thigh and gives me a frown. Oh, it wasn't a dream. I feel my heart drop down to my stomach and my eyes begin to swell with tears once more.

"Hey, hey. Look at me. It's okay, I'm sure he done everything he needed to. You have to stay strong, we need to help build this place. It's what Noah would've wanted." I nod my head and stand up.

"I need to go and find Glenn. I need to ask him what happened. I need to know Noah's death meant something." Carl stands up and kisses my lips before telling me goodbye. I walk out the door and notice Glenn sitting on the steps. "Hey, I was looking for you." I sit down beside him.

"Hey." His voice sounds so weak.

"If you don't mind me asking. What happened out there? What happened to Noah?" He sighs and looks down. He looks at me as a tear rolls down his cheek.

"Nicholas. It's all his fault. He's the reason why Noah is dead." I turn to him and give him a confused look.

"How is it Nicholas's fault?"

"We were in the rotating doors. We could've all made it out of there. But, he started to freak out he pushed the doors trying his best to get out. I had Noah, he was in my hands. Nicholas got out alive, and Noah slipped from my hands. He told me to not let go, I tried my hardest but the walkers took him. He was torn apart in front of my eyes. All because Nicholas couldn't keep his shit together." I feel a pit of rage form in my stomach.

"That bitch." I grumble standing up.

"Sarah, stop don't do anything stupid. Deanna is already trying to figure out the truth. Which should be easy to figure out."

I ignore his words and make my way toward Deanna's. I know Nicholas is there talking shit and lying on Glenn's name. I beat on her door, until Nicholas opens it.

"What the hell do you wa-" I grab his shirt and pull back punching him in the face, blood begins to pour from his nose as he uses his hand to catch it.

I pull him up closer to me by his shirt. "Don't ever try and fuck with my group or I anymore. I mean it. Try it again and I will kill you." I push him back away from me and walk away.

I feel a hand grab my arm and jerk me over.

"Babe, what the fuck. Are you trying to get us kicked out? I know you're trying to protect us, but Deanna was trying to figure it out. You probably just gave her the wrong idea of us." Carl growls. His hand tight on my arm.

"But, he killed Noah. Our friend Carl. Was killed by the no good asshole."

"That doesn't give you the reason to act out like that, especially when Deanna was already talking to Glenn and Nicholas." I scoff and yank my arm away from him.

"You're not my dad. Fuck off." I walk towards the armory and grab a gun before heading to the gates. I hear Carls voice behind me, he begins to catch up.

"Where the hell are you going." His footsteps begin to match up with mine.

"Out." He nods his head and continues to follow me. "Alone Carl." He laughs and shakes his head.

"You're dumb if you think I'm letting you go out there by yourself while you're pissed."

"I'm not suicidal." He rolls his eyes.

"You never know." he says shrugging his shoulders. I stop and turn to him, anger raging in my eyes.

"Seriously Carl. Fuck you." I turn away and walk as fast as I can to get away from him. He grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him.

"Stop acting like a fucking brat. Or I will teach you manners." His facial expressions are serious and honestly make me a bit nervous. I bite my lip trying to hold back from saying anything smart to him. He was scary at this moment.

"I.. I am going out and you're not coming." I jerk my hand away but he lifts me up onto his shoulder and walks me towards the gate opening them and walking out.

"Let me down!" I scream pushing myself away the best I could.

"You said you wanted to go out, so I'm taking you out." I huff and oblige with him propping myself up on his shoulders.

He turns left into the woods and holds me tight not letting me down once. "Carl where are you taking me?"

"I found this spot it's pretty and I thought you would like it."

"Well can you put me down?" He pats my ass laughing.

"No, I like the view I'm getting every time I turn my head to look."

"Pervert." I mumble under my breath.

"You must this pervert a lot considering my fingers were in your-"

"Shut up!" I cover my faces as his laughter rings throughout my ears. He takes a few more steps before finally setting me down. I look over at a log that had two seats carved out for two people.

"There's some comics I hid over here and there's some drinks I found. I came out here yesterday and found it. Carved the seats out for us." I turn away and smile.

"You make it so damn difficult to stay mad at you." He places his arm around me.

"I know." he says snobby. I push him away giggle a little before walking over and sitting down in one carved out spot. "It's so peaceful out here. That's why I choose to make this our spot."

I look around and listen to the birds in the trees chirping happily. "It's beautiful out here."

"Beautiful place for a beautiful girl." He leans over and kisses my cheek. "Now let's read some comics?" I nod my head and grab one. I can focus to read, how can I when a beautiful man was sitting next to me?

"You're staring again." I blush and look away mumbling a 'shut up'. He grabs my hand and interlaces our fingers, using his free hand to flip through the comic. I lay mine to the side and look around, I notice a deer walking past I observe it's beauty before hearing a gunshot and immediately jump out of my seat hand on my gun.

"Walkers." Carl whispers before standing up hand in hand and running to a tree with a hole in it. Our bodies press against each other closely.

"Wonder who shot that gun." I say quietly as walkers pass by the tree. He shrugs his shoulders and puts his fingers up to his mouth shushing me.

We look at each other our noses touching, I blush and then my head looking out as a walker slowly moves by. He places his hand on my cheek and turns me back to his face giving me a loving kiss.

"Let's get out of here."