19

I watch as Deanna falls to her knees Reg in her lap slowly dying. Pete has yet again went out of his way to harm someone to make him feel stronger, his dick and brain must be the same size.

I watch as Pete is knocked to the ground, a sobbing Deanna heard in the distance over Pete's screaming. We all watch as Reg takes his last breath in Deanna's arm, she slowly looks up at Rick ignoring the bullshit flowing from Pete's mouth. "Rick." She says

Rick follows his eyes up to her gaze that was fixated on him.

"Do it." Her words flow with venom, Rick doesn't take a second before he turns to the evil man below him and lays a bullet into his skull. Screams are heard from throughout the group as we watch two murders happen before us.

"Rick?" We all hear an unfamiliar voice. A black man walks in holding a stick and looking at Rick with a shocked expression gripping his face.

(Huge time skip)

I stay with Carl while half of Alexandria is out leading a herd of walkers away from our home. I hold Judith in my lap while Carl paces back and forth complaining.

"He should've let me go. I can help them just as much as anyone else. He treats me like a child, like I don't know what's out there." He rambles on. I sigh deeply as I look down at Judith sleeping in my lap.

"Did you ever stop and think he wanted you to stay here to protect the ones who didn't go? To me it seems he thinks your strong enough to protect this community." Carl stops in his tracks and looks over at me.

"Are you taking his side?" He asks tilting his head slightly to the right, his hair falling off his shoulder just a tad. I give a quiet laugh as I stand up and lay Judith in her crib.

"If thinking it was a nice idea for you to protect us here than yes. I am on his side." I look away from Judith to his face, a sorrowful look spread across it. "Oh come on don't be like that." I say crossing my arms.

"Not even my girlfriend thinks I'm strong enough to be out there." He says sitting down in my previous spot. I walk over to him and sit in his lap and wrap my arms slowly around him.

"In my defense I never said that cowboy." I say flicking his hat up with my finger. He gives a small smile before pulling his hat back down to its regular position.

"I mean I guess I could go stand watch." I smile watching him come to his senses. "Come with me. We can take Judith to Deanna, she's been wanting to watch her."

"Hmm. I think I rather stay with Judith." I watch as his smile drops and his eyes widen a bit taken back from my words. I burst into a laughing fit before giving his cheek a small kiss, "As much as I love baby Judith, I'll go with you to keep you company."

I stand up off his lap and walk over to Judith's crib once more and pick her up gently avoiding awakening her from her slumber. We exit the house and make our way over to Deanna's.

"You go ahead and go to the gate. I'll make my way over there soon." I say as I grab Judith's diaper bag from his hands. He groans but obliges.

"Don't take too long." he whispers before placing a hand on my cheek and bringing his lips to mine for a small kiss. I watch as he walks away down the dirt pathway. I walk upon the porch and knock on the door a few times before I am met with Deanna's warm smile.

"Hello dear." She looks down at Judith asleep in my arms. "I see you brought another guest along." She gently grabs Judith hand and rubs it.

"Actually Deanna if you're not too busy do you mind watching her? Carl and I are going to-" She cuts me off by grabbing Judith up.

"Of course I'll watch this sweet girl. You two kids go have fun." She reaches out and grabs the diaper bag before walking in and shutting the door.

"Oh um. Goodbye I guess." I mumble as I turn on my heel and make my way back to Carl. I see him finally in the distance and start running towards him. Today was such a nice day, the sun was out and a gently breeze was blowing through my hair and kissing my skin.

Carl immediately turns around once he hears my footsteps approaching he opens his arms and I run into his embrace hugging him closely. I pull away and smile while looking up at him.

"So what did I miss?" As soon as the words left my mouth a loud bang hit the watchtower and a horn began to blow. Carl grabs my hand and runs back to our house, he run inside and begin to lock the doors around us.

"I think we might be under attack." He mutters under his breath. I widen my eyes and feel my heart rate rise, I walk back away from the door I was standing in front of and slide my back down the wall.

I watch Carl closely examine the outside, his blue eyes picking the place apart limb by limb looking for anything out of order. I watch as his once squinted eyes widen and he backs away from the door and runs over to me. "We need to stay put here. I knew something and was happening and I was right. People are inside our walls." he whispers.

I feel a shiver run down my spine as he sits next to me holding my hand. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before looking over at him. "We have to go help. We have guns and knives on us, we can help."

"Are you crazy Sarah? You'll get killed out there. I'm not letting you out of my sight." I grip my gun in one hand once I hear screams. I stand up quickly and unlock the door, my sweaty hands fumbling trying to open it.

Carl hand grips my wrist tightly and he stands up to tower over me. "I told you no." He glares through my soul his grip not letting up once from my arm.

"I thought you wanted to prove to your dad that you can handle stuff like this." I reply staring back into his eyes, I watch as his gaze softens and his grip begins to loosen.

He sighs and opens the door and holds his gun up moving it left to right to make sure it was clear.

"I hate when you're right." He mumbles as he takes a few more steps forwards.

"Must suck for you since I always am."