68

Aaron laughs slightly, "What?" He asks as if he didn't hear me the first time. His hand lingers over the doorknob but he never opens it, he stands frozen waiting for me to continue. I slowly step up closer to him, just enough to where I could whisper and he could still hear.

"He's planning a war. Amber told me. You're the only group who had fought so hard against him, he's not going to let you off the hook." I whisper, "And I think me coming here just made things worse."

"Shit. I need to tell Rick." He says twisting the doorknob and opening it. "I'll be right back here, I'll bring Rick and a few others and you have to explain everything to them okay?" I quickly nod my head, my stomach twisting with nervousness.

"Aaron you guys also need lookouts nobody is in there." He widens his eyes before he takes off running, I slowly shut the door behind him and walk back to the couch where Amber was now sitting.

"Is the Rick the guy that took us to the armory?" She asks, I nod my head and sit down beside her. "He's scary. I see why Negan wants him dead now." She says as she shudders slightly. I halfheartedly laugh as I look over at her.

"Yeah, he's strong. But also a bitch sometimes." I joke before looking back away from her, "He loses trust in people so easily. I can't blame him, but he should know me well enough to know I wouldn't betray my family." I say staring straight across the room.

"Yeah. I'm sorry about that by the way, it must suck not having someone you thought loved and cared for you pretend that they don't know you." She says looking my way, I shrug my shoulder as I hear footsteps running up the steps from outside.

"Shit happens." I say before getting up off the couch and walking over just for the door to swing open. Aaron runs in first already heaving as he tries to catch his breath. Rick, Michonne, and Sasha follows in behind. Michonne's and Sasha's eyes widen once they see me, I smile at them as they start to move towards me but Rick stops them.

"What is your dad planning?" He questions walking up to me, "How much do you know?" I take a few steps back trying to keep a good amount of space between us as he towers over me. I gulp slightly and look behind him at the others who were standing there in awe.

"I don't know much. Just what Amber told me, she listened in and heard him talking about fighting you guys." I say finally dragging my eyes to meet his. I could tell he hadn't been resting, his eyes were puffy and slightly red. Michonne steps up and pushes Rick back before she grabs my face into her hands.

"I've missed you." She whispers making me smile before I hug her tightly, she wraps her arms around my neck and hugs back just as tight. I felt like crying but I didn't want to look so vulnerable in front of everyone else, I finally pull away and smile at her before Rick starts to talk again.

"We can have a reunion later. Right now we need to talk business. Now we don't know if he sent Sarah here to get information on us or-" Michonne cuts him off as she turns to face him and glares. She raises her hand up and points her finger at me.

"She is our family. Do you really think she'd betray us? She watched her dad murder two people she loved in front of her. Then he slapped her and treated her like trash, embarrassing her in front of us all. You think she'd help out the devil?" She asks stepping forwards.

"She's the devils daughter." Rick replies making my heart sank even more. I open my mouth, but no words come out as usual. Michonne looks back at me before wrapping her arms around me, she begins to walk with me out the door. "No, she's not allowed to leave we don't know-" Michonnes cuts him off once more.

"She's allowed to do whatever the hell she wants. She lives here. This is her community as well, her family. You're not locking her up like she's some psycho. You can talk to the other girl. Leave Sarah alone." She says before pulling me outside, she slams the door shut behind us and faces me.

"Thank you." I whisper as I look down at my feet, she slowly rubs my shoulders and sighs deeply. I listen closely to the voices inside the house, everyone was talking at once so I could completely understand what they were saying.

"I'm sorry. Rick he's on edge." She says as she walks over and leans against the railing of the porch. I follow behind her and lean back against it as well, the door opens and Aaron points at Michonne and tells her to come in. "I'll be right back." She says before getting up and going inside, then disappearing behind a closed door.

I lean myself back off the railing and walk to the steps and sit down. The sun was still shining brightly in the sky, birds chirping in the distance, mixing their sounds in with the walkers moans. Nobody was outside of their houses as far as I could see, I guess they were scared.

I look back down at my shoes as play with an little ant crawling around, "Sarah?" I jerk my head up quickly and look around until I notice a very familiar cowboy hat. I stand up quickly as he makes his way over to the steps, "I.. Where? How..?" He stutters as he steps up closer to me.

He reaches out and touches my face, he just think I'm not real and he's having a dream. I slowly lift my hand up and place it on top of his and smile at him, he uses his thumb to gently rub my cheek before he grabs me without warning and wraps his arms securely around me.

I laugh quietly before wrapping my arms around him as well. "I thought you left us, or that you were dead. Fuck, I was so worried about you. Why did you leave? You broke my heart." I frown at his words and hold him closer to me.

"I was protecting you." I whisper as I push myself away from him to stare at him. "Your dad doesn't trust me anymore. You should leave before he comes outside." I say taking a step back which only makes him take one forward.

"No. I just got you back I'm not letting you just disappear again." He says before taking his hat off and placing it on my head, I raise my eyebrow as I stare at him in confusion. "My cowgirl. You can wear it for now okay? I do have something to attend to." I smile slightly as I did the hat onto my head.

"Okay. Are you sure you want me to hold onto it until you get back? Your dad might take it. Then yell at me and you because we were around each other." He shrugs his shoulders, then perks up and stares at me with hopefully eyes.

"Will you join me?"