32

We all make our way onto the road, I sit in the back beside Abe. Maggie and Glenn right across from us, I smile over at them I haven't seen them this happen in awhile. Abe shifts in his seat and then motions for Glenn to come closer to him, Glenn obliges and leans up next to Abe.

"So when you were pouring the Bisquick did you mean to make pancakes?" Abe raises his eyebrow at Glenn, there's no way this man is serious right now.

I quickly cover my mouth to quieten down my loud laugh as I look at Glenn's face scrunched up in confusion. He looks over at me and gently laughs before turning his attention back to Abe.

"Well yeah it was something we talked about." He whispers. Abe grunts and nods before sitting back again, I slap his shoulder and give him a stare. He shrugs his shoulders before chuckling to himself and gently closing his eyes.

I lay my head back and sigh, I slowly feel my eyes shut. I am trying my best to stay awake just incase they need my help, but from my day with Carl I'm finding it quite hard to. I finally drift off to sleep.

I wasn't asleep for long before I can hear breaks squealing. I jerk up and look up ahead, I make my way up closer to Rick. "Rick what's going on?" I ask stopping in my path.

"There's a wreck up ahead." Jesus widens his eyes and turns around, my attention now drawn to him.

"That's my people." He says before running off the RV and looking at the flipped car in front of him. We all quickly follow behind him, Rick draws his gun and point it at Jesus's head.

"If this is a trap, it's not going to end well for you." Rick cocks his head to the side eyeing Jesus up and down throughly.

"My people are in trouble. They don't.. we don't have a lot of fighters.. I know how it looks, but I can play it out.. Can I borrow a gun?" Jesus pleads with Rick.

"No." Daryl says sternly before pointing at the ground beneath us. "We got tracks right here." He mumbles gaining the groups attention.

"The must be stuck inside." Jesus mumbles before following the tracks. Rick motions the rest of us to follow behind him, guns in hands ready to shoot at any given moment.

"I'll go in." I speak up stepping up next to Rick. He puts his arm across me and pushes me back a little before shaking his head.

"No, I rather bring you back to Carl in one piece." He says before looking at Maggie and Glenn. Automatically they nod their heads and make their way in.

Rick looks back at the rest of us gripping his gun in his hand. "If I whistle. Shoot him. Do not spare one second." He orders before making his way in as well. I stand beside Jesus sighing, I hope he's not lying to Rick. I really don't want to see what shitty execution Rick will have for him if any of us get hurt.

I wait beside an anxious Jesus, I could read the terror written all over his face, slowly overtaking his body inch by inch. I gently place my hand on his back and pat it looking up to him and giving him a smile to try and ease his nerves.

I watch the doors open and people standing behind my group. I smile as Jesus releases a breath I am sure he was holding for the past few minutes. He runs up and hugs them smiling before we all slowly make our way back to the RV. Rick watching close behind us, his eyes staring daggers into the other group amongst us.

I climb into the RV and reclaim my spot in the back next to Abe, Rick continue his driving once everyone is in. I stare at my feet as the others talk amongst themselves, but I am drawn into reality when we come upon another problem.

I can hear the tires of the RV spinning, we must be stuck. I feel my nerves rise thinking that maybe we were caught in a trap this time. Jesus placing his hand on my shoulder gently smiling and looks up.

"That's okay we are here." He says, he makes his way off the RV the rest of us following behind. The walls are made out of wood, and are really tall making me seem like an ant.

"Stop right there!" I hear a man scream immediately we all raise our guns in the direction of the voice fingers all locked on our triggers. "Whoa!"

"You gonna make us?" Daryl says huskily as he eyes the man up and down pointing his weapon straight between the man's eyes.

"Jesus what the hell is this?" One asks staring at Jesus with confusion written all over his face his gun still tight in his hand.

"Open of the gates. Freddie's hurt." Jesus pleas as he watches the man above us not moving an inch.

"Tell them to turn over their weapons and we will." The man replies sternly. I can't blame him, he doesn't know us and doesn't know what we are capable of. Still he doesn't need to be such a prick.

"Why don't you come and pry them out of our hands you prick." I scream up at him my gun not moving an inch. He stares at me intensely, probably wishing I was dead. Too bad.

"Cal. Open the gates." Jesus demands once more, finally we here the gates slowly squeak as they start to open to let us into their home. I look over at Rick waiting for his next move, Jesus walks in first letting the rest of us follow behind him.

I walk and look around, they live in what seems to be trailers. I can hear distance cries of a baby. They have babies here living in run down trailers? I'm not one to judge but they seem to have it pretty hard.

"Jesus!" We here a man exclaim, I quickly tighten my grip on my gun and drag my attention towards the voice. An old man stood before us arms outstretched and a smile on his face.  "You're back!" Gregory pauses once he notices the rest of us, "With guest." He says.

"Everyone this is Gregory." Jesus says as he points at the grandpa before us. Gregory smiles and outreaches his hand to which none of us accepts. He coughs and clears his throat.

"Welcome to the Hilltop."