35

We arrive back at Alexandria, I watch the gates slowly open as we drive through. Once the RV stops I stretch and walk off before my feet can touch the ground I am swooped off my feet and in the arms of Carl. He has his arms securely around my waist, he slowly places me down but his arms stay in place.

"I missed you." He says smiling, before leaning down to give me a soft kiss. I smile against his lips before pulling away and hugging him.

"And I missed my cowboy." I giggle into his chest once I feel his fingers tickling my sides through my clothing. He smiles and kiss the top of my head before letting go of me just to grab my hand.

"Let's go for a walk." He says before raising his hand and waving at his father. He tugs me behind him as he begins to go down the dirt path towards our house. "So, what was the place like? The people?" He asks once we get further away from the group.

"Insane. But, they have a reason. That Negan dude that Abe talked about, he is also tormenting the people of Hilltop." I pause to take a breath before continuing, "It's like he has control over them. This one man stabbed the man in charge today. Said he had to because of Negan. Something about his brother being killed if he didn't." I sigh.

"What did they do to the man?" Carl asks his blue eye now looking down at me in worry. I gently nibble on the inside of my cheek before exhaling and looking up at him.

"Your dad killed him." I say, Carl's face stays serious. His emotion not changing once, you can tell he is used to this by now. He shrugs his shoulder before continuing to walk.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." He mumbles to himself, he always acts like he is embarrassed of his dads actions when it comes to this stuff. I gently squeeze his hand three times while smiling up at him.

"It's okay. It's not like I haven't done it before myself." I joke finally earning a small laugh to erupt from his mouth. I suddenly feel another hand grab me and pull me back, I'm met with blue eyes just like Carl's. "Rick?" I ask.

"Hey, do you want to come with us tomorrow to fight against the Saviors. I'm trying to get a big group." He says as he catches his breath, I sigh and nod slightly earning a small smile from him before Carl walks in front of me crossing his arms.

"Dad no. She went today that's enough." I place my hand on Carl's shoulder but he just shakes it off, his eyes glued to his father. "Can't she stay here with me?" Carl begs. Rick places his hand on his face and rubs it in a downward motion before slowly nodding his head.

"Both of you keep an eye out just incase something goes wrong, they will hunt this place down if they somehow force information out of us." Carl and I nod our heads in sync, before making our way back to the house. If it weren't for Carl's stubbornness I would've went or his passion to always get his way. Must be a Grimes thing.

"You've been gone all day I've missed you." Carl mumbles in my ear while he walks behind me his arm securely around my waist, making it harder to walk than normal. I smile softly as I grab his hands and pull them from around me, guiding him to the side to walk beside of me instead.

"I missed you too, but I'm here now and I'll be here tomorrow. We have all the time." I giggle as he places his hat on my head with a playful wink. I roll my eyes before staring in front of me again and taking in a deep breath. "I hate admitting it but I was pretty scared today. If this Negan guys is as serious and scary as they make him to be I don't know if we will even have a chance."

"Don't stress about it. Dad always handles these things with ease it, it won't take him long to end this entire thing before it even starts." He says reassuringly gripping onto my hand tighter letting me know he's there. I nod as I make my way onto the porch, I open the door and walk in hand still interlaced with Carl.

As I make my way to the couch and pull him down quickly beside me, I stay silent for a few moments before I notice his uneasiness probably wondering if I'm upset. "I'm not upset, I just... I've been thinking." Carl nods his head in support, urging me to continue. "I know it sounds crazy, sort of at least. But, maybe there's a small possibility or a twist of fate to this. My dad, his name is Negan. I don't think it's this dude though, there's no way my dad could lead an army he could barely get elementary kids to listen to him." I let out a small laugh as Carl takes everything in.

"But you still think there's that chance that it is your dad?" He asks, his eyes avoiding mine as he stares at the white wall. I nod my head, my brain was filled with thoughts but also empty at the same time. I wish I could explain it better but I don't know how. I use my knees to stable my elbows on as I sling my head into my hands and lean over sighing heavily.

I feel a warm hand touch my bare shoulder sending jolts of lightening through my veins. I lean up looking at Carl, grabbing his hat from my head and placing it back onto his own, he gives me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sure it's not your dad, and if it is I'm sure he wouldn't hurt us especially since your his daughter." He says as he tries to put my worries to rest, I feel a little weight lifted off my shoulders before I lay on the couch bringing Carls slim figure down on top of me.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore can we just sleep?" I whisper as I place his recently placed hat off his head and lay in onto the floor below us. The last thing I see is Carl's head slowly nodding up and down before I doze off into my own little world.