59

"Can you stop calling me that?" I ask before opening my door and jumping out. I squint my eyes as the sun blazes into them, I shiver slightly as the cold air quickly surrounds me before I walk over to where he stood.

"What should I call you then?" He asks once I'm in a ear listening distance. I look around at all the men who were outside talking amongst themselves, some walking around like guard dogs.

"Sarah." I say strictly before I look up at him, "Where's Daryl?" I ask as he begins to walk making me automatically follow behind him not wanting to be left alone, even though right now is the loneliness I've ever felt.

He chuckles quietly and shakes his head disapprovingly. "I can't tell you that." He says as he walks through the doors, I look around and breathe in. All I could taste in my mouth with metal and cigarettes. I slightly gag and cover my mouth with my hand as we pass by the dirt covered men.

"Daddy's home!" He shouts while laughing making the other laugh along with him. I scoff quietly to myself as I look around, the place was rusty doesn't look very fit to be lived in. At least Alexandria had class. You'd think with an army he had they'd find a better hide out.

"Hey Sarah. Simon here is going to show you to your room. I need to take care of some important business." He smiles as Simon walks up to me, I cross my arms and look him up and down before turning to face dad.

"I rather go with you." I say staring up at him, he smiles slightly and shakes his head before placing his hand on my back and pushing me forward. I groan in annoyance as Simon smiles down at me creepily.

"Come on it's this way." He says bowing slightly and reaching his arm out in front of him, I look back at dad and watch as he waves goodbye. I sigh, there was no point in arguing at this point. I walk past Simon and up the stairs as he follows up behind me.

I stay silent as he walks past me and starts to lead the way after we reach the top floor. He looks around and smiles at a few people we pass by as we walk down a long hallway. "So, your pops he-" I quickly cut him off.

"I don't intend on having small talk with you. Just show me my place so I can lay my shit down." I say as I walk a bit faster to catch up with him. He chuckles and runs a hand through his already fading hair.

"Just like your old man." He says as he points to a door on the left. "Right here ma'am. Don't worry you're right beside your dad." He says as he twists the knock and opens it, I slowly walk in and toss my bag on the old looking bed.

"Yeah as if that makes things any better." I say as I sit down making the bed creak slightly. He places his hands on his hip as he leans against the door frame analyzing my every move. I look over at him and raise my eyebrow, "Leave."

He laughs once more before holding his hands up in defense, "As you wish madam." He says before stepping out and closing the door behind him. Once I hear his footsteps disappear, I sling my body backwards onto the bed and begin to cry.

My whole life has been torn apart in just three days, because of someone who I thought was supposed to protect me and the people I loved. The man who was supposed to be my father murdered the man who raised me with no remorse.

I lean up and grab my purse from beside of me, I open it and grab a comic out before crawling up towards the headboard and laying back against it. I open it and begin to flip through the pages, my tears making my eyes blurry to where I could barely make out anything in it.

I slap it shut and throw it against the wall along with the rest of them. Even in a world with no rules, I still had rules to follow. Kind of ironic. I stand up and walk over to the window and pull up the blinds looking below me. They all stood around laughing with each other as if they hadn't just killed two men and maybe even more days prior.

I wipe my tears off my cheeks but more fall to replace them. I lower the blinds back down and sit back onto my bed. All I could think about is what my group was doing right now, if they were okay. If they had made it home.

I look up and notice a closet which seemed to be full of women clothes, which was odd considering I hadn't seen any women on my way in. I stand up and walk over to the closet, I reach in and begin to move the clothes one by one.

They were mostly my size, some too big and some too small. I grab a white tank top, and toss it onto the bed. I then turn back around and begin to look through the rest of them, my eyes land on a blue flannel that looked almost identical to one of Carl's except for this one looked basically brand new.

I walk back over to the bed laying it down as well before walking over to the dresser. I pull the drawers open and notice jeans, sweats, skirts, panties, and even bras. How the hell did they manage to scope out all of this?

I reach down and grab a pair of jeans and toss them back to the end as well before grabbing a new bra and new panties and tossing them as well. I look over to make sure the door is still shut before stripping down.

I hook the nude color bra around me before slipping on my panties. I squeeze myself into my jeans and button them before slipping on the tank top and placing the flannel over it. Finally feeling refreshed I breathe out, and close my eyes before looking at myself through a single mirror. I couldn't even recognize myself.

"I see you finally realized you had clothes in here." I jerk my head towards the now open door. A young woman with long blonde hair stood leaning against the frame of the door, dressed in a black dress as she smiled at me.

I take a step back away from her and look her up and down. "Who the hell are you and how long have you been standing there?" I question as she leans up and walks closer to me. She tucks a strand of hair behind my ear the same way a mother would do.

She smelt really good for being in an apocalypse, vanilla mixed with berry. The only good smell I've smelt the entire time I've been here. I hesitantly back away from her my eyes never leaving hers once, she outreaches her hand and smiles.

"I'm one of Negan's wives."