87

I smile softly at the voice, I continue to stay sitting in my seat cause I knew she wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. "Hi Maggie." I say with a little enthusiasm in my voice. The gun is quickly removed from my head as Maggie moves around to be in front of me.

"What the hell are you doing here you were just at Alexandria?" She whispers. I sigh and stand up wrapping my arms around her. She wraps her arms slowly around me as she continues to whisper into my hair. "Did he kidnap you?" I shake my head.

"I went back." I explain. She quickly pulls away and stares at me in disbelief. "Not because I wanted to. But, because I had to. It's a long story. But, this is all going to be over soon." I say smiling.

"How?" She questions as she turns and walks to the window to look out it. "I can't believe he's already back for more stuff. I don't think he understands how little these people have." She says with her voice on edge.

"Eugene is gonna end this." I say. She laughs and walks towards me patting my shoulder. "I'm serious. He made a weapon and he's going to use it against them all in hopefully three or four days." She walks away from me towards the door.

"Sure he is." She says as she shuts the door completely before turning back towards me. "If he doesn't pussy out." I sigh and cross my arms, she gives me a small pout before walking over to me and placing her hands on my shoulders squeezing them gently. "Okay. I believe you."

"Thank you." I pause for a few minutes as we both listen to the voices below. "So, how are you holding up?" I ask. I watch as a gloss takes over her eyes, her hands slowly fall from my shoulders and back down to her sides as she takes a deep breath.

"I'm okay. I think." She says before she's takes a seat, I sit below the window placing my back against the wall as she continues, "Everywhere I go it's like he's there. I see him. I hear him. I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like he's trying to guide me. That's why I'm here. I followed his voice." She stays quiet before she starts to laugh and shake her head. "I'm crazy I know."

"No. You're not crazy." I say as I lean my head back against the wall. "I understand what you mean. It's like I can still see my mom and hear her in places I know she shouldn't be." We both stay quiet, listening to a old clock tick in the distance. "I miss him." I whisper.

"Me too." She says nodding her head and looking down at me. I stand up and walk over to her, taking her hands into mine.

"We're going to get out of this. I know Glenn wouldn't want us to choose violence, and I hate to go against his wishes but sometimes you can't fight guns with words." I reassure her before hearing a knock on the door, I listen as Simon talks but his words go through one ear and out the other. I look back up at Maggie before frowning slightly. "I'm guessing that's my cue to leave."

She wraps her arms around me hugging my tightly before she kisses the side of my head. "I wish the best of luck for you kiddo." I felt a tiny ping in my heart, Glenn's voice takes over my mind knowing that's exactly what he used to call me. "I love you Sarah." She whispers before letting me go. "See you soon."

I smile up at her before walking towards the door. "I love you too." I whisper before opening them expecting Simon to be standing there but he was nowhere to be found. I sigh and turn around waving by to Maggie before running down the long staircase where I saw more men carrying out boxes.

I squeeze passed them until I reach the main door and step out. Simon was walking towards my dad, and the others were minding their own business while doing what they were told.

I walk back over towards the lady who had the apples earlier and decide to talk to her to kill some time. "Hi ma'am." I say smiling, she quickly turns around clearly startled to see me again.

"Hello." She whispers as she bows making me chuckle. She leans up embarrassment written all over her face, "I'm sorry I don't know why I done that." She quietly laughs at her mistake.

"It's okay. People will do anything when they are scared." I say shrugging my shoulders. I look over at the apples and sigh, "I hate to ask this but can I take a few of these for the trip home?" She nods her head as she grabs a few and starts to place them in my bag.

"Here. Don't worry about trying to pay us back somehow. You're really sweet to belong to such a-" She stops herself and widens her eyes. "I'm sorry sorry I didn't mean to-" I cut her off quickly but laughing.

"No trust me I understand what you mean." I say as I pat her shoulder. "My dad is a prick." She smiles softly and agrees.

"An asshole." She whispers. She laughs while covering her mouth making me laugh along with her before she stops and backs up. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around to be face to face with Simon.

"What the hell do you want?" I grumble. I grab his hand and sling it off me taking a step backwards away from him. His aroma filling my senses, making my nostrils flare up and begin to burn.

"You're father would like a word with you." He smiles smugly as he takes a step to the side and outreaches his hand. I roll my eyes and slowly make my way down the slanted dirt path, Simon following closely behind.

Once I reach my dad I tap on his shoulder making him turn around and smile. "Ah there's my girl. Gregory you are now dismissed. You can go cry in your room now." He laughs as he urges him away.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I question as he wraps an arm around me and signals for the rest of the men to start rounding up and getting their stuff down.

"Yes I did." He takes a deep breath as we walk back out the gates slowly. Too slowly for my liking. "So, I thought we should go over some rules. Some tiny rules. One. We don't keep secrets from your ol' man. Two. You don't make plans without my permission."

I nod my head confused. "Okay? And?" I ask as he finally stops placing a hand on my shoulder to turn me around to face him. His face showed no emotion, I couldn't tell what he was feeling at this moment which made me uneasy.

"Now tell me what the hell Maggie and you were talking about. What does Eugene have?"