49

"Well we can't just let him hang there!" I complain as I look between Rick, and the man hanging. My eyes wide as I try to reason with Rick, but my advantaged failed as he shakes his head. "But-" I begin but Carl swiftly cuts me off.

"Just let it go. He's pretty much dead already." He says his eye never leaving the bridge. I sigh and shake my head before turning away from the horrifying sight. The rest of the group stays facing him as his gasps for air echo, before they slowly come to a stop.

I notice the wood begin to catch fire. "Rick!" I scream as I back away making them turn around as a small fire starts at the bottom of the stack. Rick takes a few steps forward before we head a voice speak up.

"You're treating your people good right?" The man pauses for a few seconds, "Like it was their last day on Earth? Or well one of theirs." He says as he refers to the man hanging, I take a deep breath as I feel anger overtake me. "You better get going, it's gonna get hot. You get where your going."

"Fuck you! You assholes can burn in hell!" I yell before Rick pushes me back and motions for Carl to grab me. Carl's fingers wrap around my arm tightly before he begins to pull me away, I obediently go with him.

"Go. Go." Rick says as he motions for the rest of the group to follow behind Carl and I back to the RV. We all quickly run to the RV, I look up above me at the hanging man before Carl pushes me inside and follows in behind me.

Rick appears in last and shuts the door as Abe starts the RV back and begins to back up slowly from the burning pile in front of us. I walk back to my seat and sit down bring my knees to my chest and holding them securely with my arms.

I listen as the gravel crushes beneath the tires as we finally turn around and drive in the opposite direction once again. "Turn here. It's secluded enough." Rick says, Abe turns right making the RV shift slightly as we pull into a little open area surrounded by trees.

I place my feet on the floor and stand up following Carl to where Rick was discussing plans with the others. "So what's the plan now?" Abe asks sitting down and wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"She needs a doctor. Now." Rick says his eyes wide, and glossy. I watch as Sasha runs her fingers over the map looking for more routes for us to take.

"It doesn't matter where we go. They'll be waiting. North, East, South, or West, they are already there waiting. They are already two steps ahead of us." I mumble as I lean my head back against the RV wall.

"So they are ahead of us. Possibly behind us. But, they aren't waiting on us.. per say-" I cut him off swiftly with a sarcastic laugh, but before I say anything he starts again,"Let me finish. They are waiting on this rust bucket." He says referring to the RV. "It's what they're looking for. Plus, the sun sets soon." He says staring at Abe.

Abe shrugs his shoulders and starts to nod his blue eyes scanning the room before looking at Rick who also begins to nod his head. I sigh and stand up making my way back to the room where Maggie and Glenn is.

"Hey." I whisper as I see Glenn staring at the wall, "She okay?" He sighs and shrugs his shoulder before patting the seat next to him, I gladly sit down and lay my head against his shoulder.

"She'll be okay." He whispers, it sounded like he was trying to make himself believe it instead of me. I nod my head as he wraps his arm around my shoulders and holds me close to him. "Thank you." He whispers.

"For what?" I ask, leaning my head up slightly so I could look at him. He smiles down at me before looking back at Maggie and rubbing her thigh with his free hand.

"For being apart of our family. Maggie and mine. We both love you. I love you. Like you're my own." He says as he kisses the side of my head and rubs my shoulder softly. I smile and lay my head completely back down on his shoulder.

"Thank you." I pause before sighing. "For being the father I never go to have." I say looking down at my necklaces that lay on my shirt. I pick it up with my fingers and begin to play with it.

"Oh that reminded me." He says pulling his arm from me. "Here look." He reaches down into his shirt and pulls out the necklace with a baseball on it. "Our family charm. So we are always together no matter how far." He smiles.

I giggle slightly before shaking my head, "That sounds like your dead when you say it like that." I roll my eyes before standing up and stretching. "You ain't dying anytime soon Mr. Rhee."

(Time skip)

Everything was moving so quickly, we had Maggie on a small table like thing carrying her out of the RV. I was scared as shit, but I wasn't going to complain. Our plan sounded perfect, I just hate that we had to do it of a night.

We leave Eugene with the RV to maybe distract them as we walk our way to the Hilltop. I walk by Maggie helping them carry her, she smiles up at me a few teardrops running from the corner of her eye. "It's going to be okay." I whisper making her nod her head.

I look back up and watch as Carl slices a walkers head clean off, he sighs and steps back talking to his dad which I mostly zone out for. I feel my arm begin to get weak from carrying so much, Aaron touches my side and urges me to move so he can take my spot with I gladly agree to.

Carl makes his way back to me and walks beside me for a few minutes without saying a word, finally he speaks up. "You still pissed at me?" He asks his eye staring straight ahead.

"Am I still self absorbed to you?" I say snobby making him laugh a breathy laugh, he shakes his head as if he's disappointed. I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest dramatically as he looks down at his feet.

"I told you I didn't mean it." He says sighing and finally looking over at me, his eyes glazed over. I look back up at him and scoff before rolling my eyes and walking a pace faster than him.

"Then you shouldn't of fucking said it. It was shitty of-" My sentence was cut short by a noise. I move closer to Carl who wraps his arm around my waist. Whistling? A creepy ass whistle at that.

"Go!" Rick screams making us run straight, I start to follow but trip over a stump. I stay quiet not wanting to draw attention to me so I don't scream out. The others don't seem to notice I'm missing, I notice a bright light coming from a certain area of the woods.

I stand up and dust my pants off before slowly sneaking around to see what was happening. I get into a good spot and look out. A lot of men was surrounding every area, and my group was stuck in the middle. I look around more and notice Eugene on his knees, blood covering him as well as tears.

The same man with that ugly mustache comes out and makes the rest of the group get on their knees in a line. I gulp slightly as I watch him walk around before smiling evilly. "Ready to meet the star of the show?" He asks laughing before pointing at the RV.

A man with a bat wrapped in barbwire steps out of the RV, but from the angle I was in I could make out his face. I try to move closer but the leaves made too much noise and I didn't feel like getting caught. The man steps closer to the group before lean back slightly.

I then look over and notice Daryl, and Michonne added to the mix. Glenn was already placed at the end away from Maggie, I could tell every bone in his body wanted to be near her.

The man with the ball bat steps near everyone even closer the trees and bushes blocking my few for the most part. I feel as tears brim my eyes and my hands began to shake in fear.

"We pissing our pants yet?"