86

"You didn't-" I pause my sentence and just nod my head, "Yeah. Let's go get it." I say as I reach over grabbing my seatbelt to secure me in. We drive out the gates as his men wave goodbye to their beloved leader. I lean my head against the window as I usually do when I'm with him and stare at the road zoning out.

Before I knew it we were already pulling up to the front gates of The Hilltop. Dad stops the car and turns to me, "Stay here I'll be right back." He says before opening his door and jumping out then shutting it behind him.

I watch as he walks up to the gates and I could barely hear his voice but I knew he was talking to someone. Soon enough the gates open and dad makes his way back to the truck and hops in. "Let's get this show on the road." He chuckles as we pull through the gates.

He hops out and walks up to Gregory, I wanted to sit in the truck but something was making me want to get out so I do. I jump out of the truck and walk over towards where dad was at talking about his "business" with Gregory.

"Hey. You're with Ricks group right?" Gregory asks as he turns to face me. Dad laughs loudly as he shakes his head wrapping his arm around my shoulders, before slinging his bat upon to his.

"Oh she's been here before?" Dad asks. Gregory nods his head as he stares at me with wide eyes. "This right here, this little ball of sunshine, she's my daughter Gregory. You're going to give her whatever the hell she wants got it?" He whispers the last part as he removes his arm from me.

"Y-yeah." Gregory says nodding his head, he points around to different places before looking back at me. "You can go through those places, tell them who you're here with they'll let you in." He gulps.

I nod my head and watch as my dad grins at us. "Thank you." I say before smiling softly. "I'll just be looking around I assure you I won't take anything." I whisper to him before I make my way over to the right of me.

"Take what you want Sarah. Do not come back empty handed!" Dad shouts behind me. I just wave my arm around as I walk towards a group of people who backed up once I was close enough to them.

"I promise I'm not going to take anything. I'm not like them." I say as I look over at a basket full of apples. I stare at them before looking up at a woman who was nearest. "Actually do you mind if I just take one? Just to snack on as I look around." She quickly nods her head and reaches in grabbing one and handing it to me.

"Thank you ma'am." I say placing my hand on top of hers. "I promise this will all be over soon. Just be patient." I assure. She nods her head and smiles slightly at me before stepping back once more.

I turn away from them and walk up the dirt path towards the big white house I had went into last time. I knock on the door, and it slowly opens. Dads men push past me carrying boxes towards the trucks. I sigh and walk in and look around. It looked dead.

I run my fingers across the wall collecting up the spiderwebs that hadn't been cleaned off. I rub it off onto my pants before walking into the next room. Papers were throw all over a table in the center of the room, I examine the room before walking towards the table and kneeling down to it.

I run my hands across the papers as I read parts of them and look at the pictures that had been draw. It was of this place. But, it looked way different. I here footsteps upstairs and I jump up moving away from the table. I wait patiently for someone to come downstairs but nobody does.

I walk out of the room towards the bottom of the stairs. A few men come out from a different room carrying more boxes out the door. I frown slightly, these people were already struggling enough.

The footsteps upstairs continues and seems to be moving from room to room. I walk over to the bottom of the long staircase and make my way up it slowly. Each step squeaking underneath me. I glide my hand up the railing feeling it's soft texture with my fingertips. I reach the last step and look down each way. Nothing.

I huff slightly before turning to my right and walking down towards a shut door. I twist the knob and push it open. Books were everywhere. I mean everywhere. On the shelves, floors, tables, and even a few were thrown lazily onto chairs. I walk around before stopping in front of a window and look down at everyone beneath me.

Dad was still toying with Gregory, making him look like a cat after a mouse. The people stayed as far away from as he could like he was the plague. I shake my head as I watch a few of his men messing with the women. Sick bastards.

I sigh and move away from the window, my stomach couldn't bare to watch this madness go on anymore. All I could do was hope Eugene is doing his little mission right now, and hope he didn't pussy out.

I pull out the chair from the desk and then it out to face away from the door. I stare at the bookshelf in front of me and begin to count each book to waste time. With each book that I counted I could here a footstep getting close to me, the hair on my skin raises but I pretend to not notice it.

The footsteps stop and I grip the arms of the chair turning my fingertips white. I hear metal clacking, then heavy breathing coming from above my head. I close my eyes and take a deep breath as I hear a gun being clocked. I release my grip from the chair and cross my arms over my chest. Neither one of us say a word.

I slowly feel the barrel of a gun be placed against the back of my head. I didn't move. Not because I was scared but because I wasn't stupid. I know what would happened if I tried to get out of this. I watch as my body shakes involuntarily, the barrel of the gun cold against my skin sending shivers down my spin. The person coughs behind me before speaking up.

"Who the hell are you?"