94

I yell loudly and jerk up from my spot on the floor. Dad kneels beside me his eyes wide in fear as he gently rubs my shoulder. The sun pokes through the blankets and shines small circles around the room.

"Bunny? Are you okay?" He asks. I look around the room all his men was gone. I slowly nod my head and press my head against my hands. Dad moves his hand from my shoulder and rubs it up and down my back slowly. "Just breathe."

"It was just a nightmare." I whisper to myself as my body shakes slightly. "Just a nightmare." I remind myself before a take a few deep breaths. I bring my eyes back to him and laugh softly.

"You scared me." He whispers as he helps me up to my feet. I dust off myself, my hands still shaking as I do so. I look at my feet as the images flash through my head.

"I scared myself." I reply before I look back up at him. He raises his eyebrow slightly before shaking his head and putting his arms back down by his side. "It was just a bad dream, I'm fine now." I say.

"Well Dwight is waiting for you outside, he is going to teach you how to shoot better." He says as he grabs a gun off the table and places it into my hand. My finger curl around the gun as I stare at it.

"I already know how to shoot. Besides why would I need to be practicing anyway?" I ask placing the gun back down on the table. Dad laughs and pats my shoulder as he grabs the gun and forces it back into my hand.

"Because you're fighting in the war." I widen my eyes and shake my head. "Yes. You are." He says sharply and shoves me towards the front door. "Now go to Dwight and let him teach you what we are going to do."

"Dad I'm not fighting." I say as I dig my feet into the ground to stop myself from going any further. "Those guys are my family." I turn to face him.

"What about me? I'm your real family. I am your father." He explains as he stares down at me in disappointment. I groan in annoyance and look back up at him.

"Yeah. You are my family. Not your men, I don't give two shits if they die. But, if any of those people from my group die then a part of me is going with them." I whisper just so he could hear. I didn't need any targets on my back at this point.

"Fine. Have it your way." He says with a fake smile, he shoves past me as he walks out to greet his men. I walk over behind him and stand there as he talks to them. I zone out midway through his speech about the fight and who would be where.

A light suddenly begins to flash in my eyes making me close them quickly. I look around but nobody was even paying attention to me, I turn my gaze towards the woods where the light was coming from.

I look back at Dad who seemed to be occupied enough to where he wouldn't see me sneaking off. I take a few steps backwards before I felt behind me for the door of the cabin.

I twist the knob carefully and open the door. Once inside I shut the door back and run towards the back door, I yank it open and run out towards the woods. I make my way to the right side before running towards the area I last saw the light shining from.

"Holy shit." I say stopping in my tracks. I widen my eyes at the sight before me before slightly laughing to myself. "Dixon, you actually pulled it off." I say as Daryl makes his way towards me.

"Shut up." He mumbles. Eugene and Amber stand behind him giving me small smiles here and there as I look them up and down for anything that could be wrong.

"What are y'all doing here anyway? You're supposed to be back at Alexandria." I whisper. Eugene shrugs his shoulders before he looks down at the dirt. "I told you to take them there Daryl."

"We came back for ya." He says shrugging his shoulders. I squint my eyes in disbelief before shaking my head at his ridiculous idea.

"No. I have to stay here. If I leave it's going to mess up my whole plan." I explain as I look back out at my Dad, luckily he was still talking to the group and hadn't noticed my disappearance yet. 

"You don't have to." Daryl says, as he stares in the same direction as me. "Negan will just come to Alexandria looking for ye, we can take them down right then and there."

"No. I'm not doing that. I have a plan set into motion, and for once I'm not going to let some man get himself tied up in it and ruin it." I say turning my head back to him. "No offense."

He laughs slightly and nods his head. "Alright have it your way. Just.. just be careful. Don't be stupid, stupid gets ya killed." He says as he nods his head towards me.

"I won't get killed. Now go before they notice I'm gone and get suspicious." I say as I give them all hugs. "I'm glad you all got out. Be safe." I whisper before I usher them on. I watch as they gather their few belongings and sprint away from me.

I stand there for a few minutes and breath as their footsteps finally begin to disappear, and their bodies. I close my eyes slowly and breath in the fresh air surrounding me as the wind slightly blows.

I hear a few leaves crunching behind me and my hand automatically grabs my knife I wait a few moments and listen as the sound disappears. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

I remove my hand from my knife but the sound of leaves crunching appears again making me redo my action from earlier. "Stupid walkers." I mumble before I turn around, I aim my knife and start to stand before my arm is grabbed.

Dwight cocks his head to the side making me widen my eyes. "Hey don't kill me." He says as he laughs and uses his free hand to grab my knife and stick it in his pocket.

"Why the hell are you here?" I ask. My heartbeat increases at the thought of him seeing or even hearing Daryl and them. "Aren't you supposed to be listening to my Dad's grand speech about war?"

"Aren't you supposed to be as well?" He remarks making me roll my eyes. "I saw you sneaking off and decided to walk after you. I did give you a few minutes before following you. Before I found you standing here." He says shaking his head.

I felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders. He didn't know. Thankfully. I smile and shrug my shoulders. "I was wanting some fresh air. Is that a crime?" I ask. He slowly shakes his head before taking a step closer to me.

"I told you I knew what you done."