70

I groan and lean my head back against the chair. It was just a dream. "You okay?" She questions as she brings me another candy bar, I shrug my shoulders and grab it. I open it quickly and shove it into my face, I chew aggressively. "I'll take that as a no." She says before grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

"Are we leaving?" I question her as I use my hand to cover my mouth since it was full of food. She chuckles at my poor attempt to talk normally, she nods her head tossing me my back before she opens the door.

"Yeah. It shouldn't be that far from here. My ankle is feeling slightly better now so we should make better progress today than we did yesterday." She says as she takes a step outside, she takes a deep breath before turning around and facing me. "It's not that cold today, which is good. Let's go." She says turning back around.

I step outside the door and close it shut behind me before following behind her. I reach behind me and grab my gun, just incase something ends up going wrong. "I'm going to stay back her and keep watch. You just lead the way, holler at me if you see anything strange up ahead."

"Will do." She replies as she continues to munch on her candy bar from earlier. I step on the leaves listening to them making the same crunching sound as they did in my dream. I sigh heavily before looking around, it was weird not to spot any walkers. Some did lay dead on the ground already, which did make me a tad bit nervous.

"Do you think someone has already came through here? There's dead walkers on each side of us." She just nods her head as she continues to walk straight.

"Oh yeah. They had cleared this area out a few days ago, but then Negan said they had no use for it and they didn't clean up their mess." She says. I just nod my head staying quiet as I follow behind her. "Turn right."

I follow her instructions as I follow up closer behind her. I could notice the walls of Alexandria right next to us, but she was leading us to the front gates. "I had such a bad dream." I say breaking the silence, she slows down slightly for me to catch up next to her.

"What about?" She asks before she places her wrapped into her bag and wipes her mouth clean with her jacket sleeve. I look at my feet and kick a few leaves out of my path before looking back up.

"We made it here. But Rick treated me like trash. Everyone else was nice and accepting. Then Carl, my boyfriend, basically fell to his death. That's when you woke me up. Thanks for that by the way." I slightly laugh making her smile.

"There it is." She says stopping and smiling widely, "The front gates. We made it, surprisingly with no trouble." I grab her wrist and pull her along with me, I couldn't tell what I was feeling at this point. Nervousness, excitement, or even reassurance.

I let go of her wrist once we reach the front of the gates. I look up and notice a figure in the lookout, a gun pointed straight at us. The gun then slowly disappears and I notice someone quickly climbing down before shouting to open the gates.

A person I haven't seen before opens the gates and I quickly walk in Amber straight behind me. Sasha stands there holding her gun before she smiles widely and runs to hug me dropping her gun in the process. "Holy shit you're alive." She whispers into my hair as I hug her back. "And you brought company."

"This is Amber." I say as she pulls away, "She helped me escape." Sasha stares her up and down before just nodding her head at her. "I would love to catch up and check on you. But, I really need to find Rick. I have something to tell him." She nods her head.

"Is it about your dad?" She asks, I nod my head and watch her slowly clench her fist as her face turns straight. I could still see the hurt in her eyes as she unclenches her fist and motions for me to follow her. "I think he's in the armory. Counting the guns."

"Good. Because he's going to need as many as he can get." I say before looking behind me to make sure Amber was following. She slowly walks behind with her head hung low, I would've thought she would of been happier that we got here.

Sasha pushes the door to the armory open and I follow in behind her towards the back. "Rick." She says, I listen him just hum in response. "Someone is here to speak with you. It's important." He lays a gun down.

"Sasha whoever it is tell them to wait." He says not evening looking up to spare her a glance. "I'll be out in just a minutes tell them I'm busy with something." He mumbles under his breath. He looked tired. He probably hasn't slept since that night.

"Rick." I whisper as I step out from behind Sasha. His hands stop their movements as he freezes in place. He was acting as if he had saw a ghost, his face goes slightly pale before he looks up at me.

"You.. How did you?" He says as he leans his head to the side. I hope this doesn't go like my dream did. He slowly takes a step towards me and reaches his hand on and places it on my shoulder to make sure I was real. Once he does a small smile falls up onto his face and he yanks me towards him wrapping his one arm around me neck.

I hug him back for a few seconds before pulling away. "I'll explain everything later. But you need to get everyone together I need to talk to you guys. It's not good news either." He places his arms back by his side and he nods his head slowly still listening to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks as he walks towards the door which I quickly begin to follow behind copying his movements. I take a deep breath as I look up at him, he opens the door and walks out before he turns to face me.

"Dad is planning to kill all of you. The girl you saw with me, she told me all about it. She would know the most out of anyone so just believe it okay? I don't know what you're going to do but you need a plan." He looks down at me before he nods his head.

"I'm gonna kill him."