12

I get off the bed and walk over to a mirror, I reach down a grab a hairbrush laying on the dresser. I brush through my damp hair a few of my curls already beginning to form. I walk back and grab the dress slipping it over my head once more before walking back to the mirror to look at myself.

I hear a knock at the door. "Hey honey it's Maggie." I walk over and unlock the door and open it. She smiles once she sees me and gives me a hug.

"You look stunning Sarah. I brought you something's I found this morning when I went out on a run." She pulls out a pair of black high heels, they are too high or anything they were perfect. "I figured you would want to dress up for the party so I grabbed these just incase. Oh and here."

She reaches in her pocket and pulls out a necklace with a tiny baseball bat charm on it. "I remembered you said your dad was a gym teacher and well I know they play sports and this was the only sports related thing I could find." I smile and take it from her giving her another hug.

"It's beautiful thank you. Can you put it on me?" I turn around and lift my hair up as she places it around my neck and clips it. She stands behind me in the mirror smiling, she gives me one more hug from behind and kisses my head.

"You look beautiful." I smile at her and lean down to put my shoes on. "You ready to go?" I nod and take her hand and follow her outside. We watch people already gathering around the house and walking in.

I look around for Carl and frown when I don't see him in sight. In a flash I am off the ground into someone's arms. I giggle knowing the familiar persons body.

"Carl, I was just looking for you." I say giggling as he places me down. Maggie winks at me before walking off to find Glenn. He smiles and gives me a kiss before analyzing my body.

"You look so good. Damn." He holds my hand and spins me around a few times.

"I want to make a good impression on everyone."

"Considered me impressed." He says eyeballing me. I playfully slap his chest and kiss his cheek before dragging him along behind me to the house. Once we entered a bunch of eyes were on me. I smile and greet everyone while making my way to the kitchen where the rest of the teenagers were.

"Hi Ron, Mikey, and everyone else." I smile. Ron turns around and looks me up and down a few times while biting his lip a bit.

"Hey Sarah." he says eyes still on my body. I feel Carls arm sneak around me, he rest his hand on my stomach and pulls me back into him. His eyes stay on Ron.

"Her eyes are up here Ron." Ron looks at Carl and smiles sarcastically.

"Yeah I see that. Sorry about that Sarah, you just look really good." Ron says smiling my direction.

"Doesn't she?" Carl replies, he gentle grabs my face and kisses me then pulls away. I notice Ron scoffing a bit but he stays and talks to everyone instead of walking away.

I feel a cold hand touch my shoulder, I turn around and meet with Deanna. She smiles before giving me a hug.

"I'm glad to see someone dressed up. You look good. I'm really glad you came." She peers behind me at Carl, "I'm glad you came too young sir." He smiles and nods his head.

Deanna grabs me and pulls me off with her. We step outside on the porch and she turns to me. "I am really sorry for pushing you so much you cried. I just like to know all the details."

"It's okay really. It's just so much was happening that day I guess I was overwhelmed a bit." She nods her head and stays silent for a minute.

"Sarah. I have given everyone a job. I know you and Carl are both teenagers but you'll both be adults soon. I done some thinking and I want you two to have this job. We usually low run on supplies and I already made a group of supply runners, but they only go so far. You and Carl are young and can move fast. Would you care to make supply runs that are farther away?" I smile at her and nod my head.

"I would love to, I'm sure Carl would too. Anything we can do to help this place stay up." She smiles and pats me on the back.

"Get back in there and enjoy your party." I smile once more and run back in to find Carl and tell him our job. I notice him over by the drinks and run towards him pulling at his flannel.

"Guess what." I smile up at him, he takes a drink and eyes me waiting for me to continue. "Deanna asked if we wanted the job of doing far away supply runs! I said yes, told her I would love to." He puts his drink down and sighs.

"Sarah are you crazy? Going far away from here just to get some supplies for some people we don't even know that well yet? Putting your life in danger?" My smile fades away into a small frown.

"But, we will end up knowing them. It's the same as when you put yourself in danger for me."

"No. It's not the same. We've known each other for a long time. We just met these people like what three or two days ago?" He sighs and places his hand on my waist.

"I don't care what you say. I'm going to do it, with or without you Carl." He uses his other hand to rub his temple. He looks around then back at me.

"Okay fine I'll do it. But only if you let me do the dangerous stuff." I sigh and roll my eyes and smile at him. I tiptoe and give him a small kiss.

"Thank you. But, you're not doing all of the dangerous stuff I don't want you to be worn out quickly. So you can do half I'll do the other half."

"Hm. Fine I'll let it slide this time, but only cause you look so good when you're kicking ass." I roll my eyes and grab his drink and drink from it. He wraps his arm around my waist and leads us to chairs sitting outside. We both look up at the moonlight and the stars, it was so beautiful tonight.

"We're going to make this place our home." I say looking at him.

"We will."