91

I bite back my smile before pretending to be shocked. "What? With who?" I ask taking a step towards him, he smirks and swings his bat over his shoulder before sticking his finger out and tapping my nose.

"Ricky Dicky Doo Da Grimes." He says with a small laugh. I cringe slightly but continue my charade, I open my mouth slightly and force tears to well in my eyes. "Don't be like that. You knew it was going to happen." He says as he pats my head.

"Dad please don't do this. They are good people." I plead forcing my voice to shake making my act seem more realistic. "They can change. Please give them a chance!" I beg.

"What's done is done. You're coming with us as well. Three days. You have three days to get your act together. I know they won't do anything if you're there." He chuckles, "My little secret weapon."

I frown and sit on my bed. "Get out." I whisper as I stare at my hands. "Please. I don't want to argue, I just need a minute to think." I whisper. I listen as his footsteps move towards the door before it squeaks shut followed by the sound of the locks.

I look up slowly and smile before getting up and jumping up and down while giggling quietly. I jump back onto my bed and wrap my arm around my pillow as I try to contain my excitement. I knew Dad was was stupid but I didn't know he was that stupid.

I couldn't wait to finally be free, and for all of this to be over. But there was still a part of me that was worried, I know they hate my father but hopefully they don't end up killing him by "mistake." I know he can change, but I'm not sure if they know that.

I don't know whether I want these three days to fly past or go by painfully slow. I roll out of my bed and go towards my window and pull back to curtains. I watch as the men load plenty of guns into the back of a truck before getting in it a leaving, I'm guessing to go hide them or set them up for backup plans.

I hear yet another knock on my door before the locks slowly come undone and my door is pushed opened. "Get your things and come on." Simon says once he steps into my room. I close my curtains back before turning around with my arms crossed over my chest.

"What? Why?" I ask stepping closely towards him, the smell of cigars fills the air around us. He places his hands on his hips as he takes a deep breath.

"Don't question me just get your shit and come on. We will be waiting for you in the truck." With that he slams my door shut, but this time it wasn't followed by the lock sound. I grab a backpack from under my bed and throw some clothes in it along with some canned food I had stashed her last time.

I zip it up after I put my belongings in it before tossing it onto my back. I slowly open my door listening to it creak and echo down the abandoned hallway. Odd.

I make my way towards the stairs before slowly walking down them. With each step I take it echoes around the room, nobody was in here and it was eerie. I notice Simon standing by the door looking outside, something sparkling on his belt loop.

I tiptoe over, my eyes immediately realizing it was keys. I stare up at him before crouching slightly downwards and unhooking them, he leans off the door frame and walks off once someone screams his name.

I quickly move away from the door as Simon slings curse words around to himself as he walks to the other man. I clutch the keys in my hand and run down the hallway towards a door, I push the door open and lead myself into another hallway.

If I could just think hard enough I could remember what the floor looked like when I was lead through here last. I advert my gaze to the floor and follow the dried blood stains on the floor until it leads to another door.

I take a deep breath and push it open. There they were, the three big doors I saw last time. I smile to myself before walking to the first one, I fumble with the keys placing each one into the lock until I get the right one. I twist it and open the door as softly as I could.

"What the hell?" I hear a voice whisper out from the darkness of the room. "You shouldn't be here. Are you fuckin' stupid lil girl?" His voice sounded rough as it always did.

I chuckle softly before placing a piece of wood from inside the room between the door and its frame so it wouldn't shut completely on me before I make my way over towards him.

I lean down and examine the ropes that was binding his wrist and ankles together. I grab the keys and use them in replace of a knife as I quickly try and cut him free.

"You're gonna get yourself killed." He huffs out heavily. "You're just as stupid as you look ya know." He says as he watches me struggle getting the keys to cut the rope. "And weak too."

I roll my eyes and move the keys faster as my heart beats loudly enough for me to hear myself. I look back at the door making sure nobody was there before turning back and finally get a little of it pulled apart.

"I got it." He mumbles as he clenches his muscles and yanks his wrist apart ripping the rope completely apart. "Hand me the keys. I can do the rest." He says before yanking the keys from my hand and beginning to work on the rope around his legs.

I walk over to the door and peak out looking up and down the small hallway, my main focus on the door I had come through to get in here. My heart was racing and I felt like passing out, the adrenaline rush was going to be the end of me if this war doesn't kill me first.

I felt a tap on my shoulder before he places the keys back in my hand. "Why are you down here? Do you want to die?" He asks as he follows me out and slowly shuts the door behind him. I turn around and cross my arms over my chest while twirling the keys around my finger.

"Now is that how you thank your savior, Daryl?"