95

"What?" I ask, I know I heard him perfectly but maybe my ears are deceiving me. He takes a step closer, close enough for his nasty breath to fill my senses.

"I told you I knew what you did." He whispers, "I knew you let them go. Now I have all the proof I need." He chuckles as he places his hand on my shoulder. "Once I tell Negan, I'm going to gather up a group and we're going to hunt them down and then.." He brings his thumb up to his neck and act as if he was cutting his head off. "Or.." He adds on.

"Or what?" I ask taking a small step backwards away from him. Suddenly everything around me felt so small, and it was suffocating me. I watch Dwight run a hand through his greasy, blonde hair.

"You tell your Dad the truth. I don't think he needs to trust you. Besides maybe your friends will have a chance to get away if you tell instead of me." He says as he stands up straight waiting for my reply.

I squint my eyes glaring at him before I drop my shoulders and nod my head. "Fine. I'll tell him." I mumble as I shove past him.

"That's a good girl." He laughs quietly as he walks behind me, his voice sending shivers up my spine. And not in a good way. I cringe slightly and move my feet faster away from him feeling suddenly very unsafe.

I break out from behind the trees and make my way back to the front of the cabin. My head hands low as the voices begin to slowly reappear, I crash into a chest and scramble backwards before I look up.

"Where the hell were you?" Dad asks as he glares down at me. I stutter slightly, my throat suddenly feeling very dry. I couldn't even lie my way out, I was already nervous.

"She was with me." Dwight says as he walks up behind me. "She was sitting in the cabin along so I took her into the woods for some target practice." He pats my back, "She's a natural like you." He laughs.

Dad stays quiet as he looks between the two of us before he nods slowly. "Alrighty." He coughs to clear his voice before he turns around to walk away.

"Wait!" Dwight yells as he runs to grab my Dad before he could get too far away from us. "Sarah wanted to tell you something." He says as he looks at me.

I widen my eyes as I point to myself and mouth "Me?" He nods his head as he ushers my Dad back towards me.

"She told me she had something she's been wanting to tell you, but I can't get her to talk about it so maybe you can." Dwight says as he pats my Dad's shoulder and glares at me slightly before walking away.

"Can we take a walk?" I ask. He nods his head as he holds his hand outwards letting me lead the way. I start to walk as he follows closely behind me, his shadow overtaking mine as the sun beams down.

"What did you do this time?" He asks with a sarcastic chuckle. "Dwight is acting like you murdered someone." He says as he stares straight ahead of him.

I hand my head down low and stay quiet as we walk down the dirt path. I kick a few random pebbles out of my way, I shiver slightly as the cold winter air blows my air away from my neck sending goosebumps down my spine.

I look behind me making sure we was far enough away from the cabin and everyone else. I sigh and stop in my tracks making him bump into me slightly. "I'm going to tell you something, but you can't get mad at me ok? Promise me Dad you won't get mad at me." I say with pleading eyes.

He takes a deep breath and places his hands on his hips as he stares down at me. "What did you do?" He questions. "I swear if you done something that's gonna piss me off you're really not gonna like me." He says.

I look down ashamed before an idea clicks into my brain. "Well.. I don't want everyone to hear you yelling. Let's go a bit further okay? Then I'll tell you. But, promise you won't say anything." I say holding out my pinky.

He slowly rises his pinky up and wraps it around like. "I promise Bunny." He says before ushering me on down the path. I continue to hang my head low, but instead of a frown on my face I replace it with a knowing smirk.

I'm going to fight fire with fire and I will win. I notice a little clear area in the distance and begin to jog to get there, I listen as Dads combat boots hit the ground and echo throughout the woods.

Once I reach the destination I take a deep breath before turning to face him. "Do you want to sit down? This might be a lot to take in. I don't know if you'll believe me, but I hope you do. Because I would do anything to ruin this man because I hate him, so you know I would tell on him." I exclaim.

He nods his head and looks around before sitting on a stump and resting his arms on his legs as he leans forward closer to me. "Go on."

"So.. you know how Daryl and them got out?" I ask. His eyes flash with anger as he sits up straight and points a finger in my face.

"Did you fucking let them go! I told you if you did what would happen!" He yells as he starts to stand back up. I quickly grab his shoulders and ease him back down onto the stump.

"Dad please just listen to me. You didn't let me finish." I say, he opens his mouth to say something before I pout. "Dad... Please?" I ask he takes a deep breath before relaxing once more and finally hearing me out.

"Now I don't want you to cause a scene or anything please. I know it was wrong, and I should've done better but.. I was scared." I whisper, he opens his mouth again to speak but I hold up my finger to shush him. "I'm not done."

I take a sit on the ground next to him, he moves slightly to the side to look at me. I fiddle with my thumbs before looking up at him and frowning softly.

"I didn't set them free... Dwight did."